Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Week


The high winds that we received, miles from the Harrisburg, IL tornado, had blown away my recycle bin and I couldn't find it after work.  I walked down my cul-de-sac but couldn't find it in the dark.  The next morning I walked my dogs in the daylight and found it on the curb 5 houses down.  The man at the house said he found it in his back yard and apologized.  Why?  The gusts of 53 MPH wind did it.  Then Monday we had an inch of snow and on Tuesday we had temp of 71  with high winds.
 
I sold my Air Force mess dress to a TSgt in AZ who needed it for a banquet in a week and she needed a small size.  I shipped it Saturday using that online postage that you print and put out for the pickup and she got it in time.  I didn't realize that the post office closed at 11:30 on Saturday and I went at 11:45 thinking they closed at noon.  My mail route delivers late in the afternoon so caught that pick up.  She’s up for a possible honor on Saturday and I'm hoping she gets it.
 
I usually do not answer the phone for my cubicle mate but despite this caller not emailing his problem so my cubei can check remotely, this guy keeps calling.  I was even present when he came back from class to return the call and spelled out his email.  Then he says he gets the mail returned because he had abbreviated @illinois.gov part of the email.  Duh!
PEBKAC (an acronym for "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)
 
I had a box returned to me on Saturday that I had sent to a lady soldier I had been assigned from Soldiers Angels Ladies of Liberty Team.  I checked the wrong box on the customs form to return to sender rather than abandon.  However, it happens to be that tight/full box so I hope I can repack and send again to my next assignment.
Friday morning we had a thunderstorm so I put my scared dog in her Thunder Shirt.  Marley feels safe in the bathroom but usually leaves when I’m using my hair dryer.  Not today.
While at lunch, some car parked in my assigned parking space which I pay $35 month.  I parked in the slot next to it. 
 
Saturday morning I watched people jump into Lake Springfield as part of the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics.  I took pictures and video and my fingers were cold.  Here is a link to the pictures that I took:
 
Saturday evening I went to the Army Field Band at the Sangamon Auditorium.  Tickets were free but required and it was a sold out crowd. Special thanks to the ILANG Color Guard an Gold Star family of Jacob Palmatier.
Sunday I organized my files and receipts in preparation for taxes.  I put together all my customs tags and receipts from boxes that I sent to our soldiers and counted 55.
 
I need some more sewing needles but it would be more economical to make a trip to Joanne on the way home from work rather than a special trip for $5 needles with these gas prices.
 
Had an online chat with a previously sponsored soldier, Doug, through Soldiers Angels who is leaving (again) for Afghanistan.  I told him his doggies are going to miss him and he agreed.  It will be his last deployment before retirement. 
 
I went to our American Legion meeting on Monday night.  I was surprised to see our past post commander there because he told me over facebook that he wasn't coming, something about time to himself.  Apparently I wasn't the only one to ask him to come.  I also learned that our post had been reporting itself as community oriented rather than a veterans organization.  That would explain the donations to the high school and village of Chatham which are taxpayer funded.  I asked our finance officer for a copy of that report.
 
Monday was Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois and many kids were off of school.
I started a discussion on a forum about the lesbian that was shunned at her mother's Catholic funeral and was told I was being judgmental.  I brought it up but I wasn't the priest that denied the Communion.  Either way, this is faith shattering.  No standards.
 
My sons gave me a bonsai for our anniversary.  How sweet
 

No comments:

Blog Archive