Monday, April 18, 2022

My week

I'm tired of mixing wet and dry dog food and then the dogs leave it to rot.  Dry from now on. 

Monday I had an appointment for Amber to do tricks at 3:30 at the assisted living and wanted to do a little Easter theme. I taught her to roll an egg, go get the plush bunny, carry a basket, and jump through the rabbit hole. I dressed her up in an Easter dress (not that she liked it) and the activity director had a medical appointment.  In the evening I attended the VFW meeting.

Tuesday Sophie bonked her head walking into the garage door.  Her eyesight must be getting worse.  I attended a volunteer continuing education at the ALPLM and this program is online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDZHg5LuHo

Wednesday morning I had a meeting with my financial advisor who stopped by my house on her way to Chicago.   I was worried about my taxes.  She looked them over and said they were right and that

Thursday I received some Texas sweet onions from Anita.   Then I went to rally practice at the club after that. She seemed to stop and scratch herself during the route so I gave her a bath.  In the evening, I was asked to sub for dog classes  that evening to fill  in for an assistant that was ill.  Wow  I'm impressed with these dogs.  When I was at this stage of training, Amber sure wasn't as good as the dogs that I saw.  I got Amber's therapy Dog Certificate and pin.  God's little challenge for me is Amber.  She has brought smiles to those confined.


Friday morning was the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's Death and Peggy and I placed a wreath on behalf of the Soldiers Aid Society.
I was standing on a platform used by visitors to reach Lincoln's nose to rub

I was also a member of DAR and they had a group photo as well.  66th Annual Lincoln Tomb Ceremony. DAR at the Lincoln Tomb, April 15, Commemorating the 157th Anniversary of the Death of Abraham Lincoln.

Gwen represented our Women's Overseas Service League at the wreath ceremony

 


 
Saturday morning  I left for Purina Farms for Fast CAT® – which stands for Coursing Ability Test.  The weather was nice for the event but there was a lot of traffic on the grounds for an Easter event and the gate guard assumed I was with them.  I saw the road full of cars and took an alternate route to the sport field.   I noticed that her point score was considerably higher for the same amount of speed/MPH at previous events.   After a little math, I realized she had a different handicap height credit to our advantage.  So on Sunday I asked Jennifer to measure her. We've been misdiagnosed. I don't know if the past scores can be modified by AKC but I'll ask.  If past events are upgraded, we may have gotten our 500 point DCAT title.

Amber now has 445 points needed toward the 500 point DCAT title.

Here's a video of Amber's release with me at the end cheering her on.

Here's Amber at the selfie display with her 4 qualifying ribbons.

Pixie and Amber had an evening picnic in the park.  We couldn't eat in a restaurant because Pixie can't be left alone. She has separation anxiety. Yet I can leave Amber alone.  She spent time in the hotel while I went to Mass. Debbie's room was across from me and said she was quiet.


 I picked up Sophie from a neighbor.  Sean bought lunch.  My sinuses got so bad I had to lay down.  I thought that if we walk the dogs it might clear up but it didn't.  Could have been tired eyes from driving that contributed to my low down feeling. The weather started getting yukie so pressure could be involved as well.  Woke up a bit more chipper after a long sleep.

The birds are making a nest in my patriotic Wreaths Across America wreath.   I had a different decor on the siding before and they returned. 


I did go to the Easter Vigil mass in Eureka, MO.  There were about a dozen baptisms and about 5 previously baptized entering the Catholic church.  Although they didn't do a full immersion like last year when I was also there, each was in a tub and received a pitcher of water.  One was a father with 2 little ones and Father said they got a family discount.  I was present for this sermon about prayer is personal.

https://vimeo.com/699909126 

Easter Sunday Dinner Prayer

God and Lord of Life,
    we rejoice, on this Easter Sunday,
    in the resurrection from the dead
    of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Visit our home and this table
    with Your blessing of peace and life.
Help us, also, to remember our deceased
    family members and friends,
    all who cannot be together this Easter.
 May the Risen Christ be our guest
    as we celebrate His resurrection
    with this Easter Sunday dinner.
Bless those whose work to prepare this meal
    has truly been a work of prayer,
    and bless all of us who shall share it
    with Easter love and joy.
May You, then, bless this table
     and this food,
    and each of us in Your holy name:
    Father , Son and Holy Spirit.
+Amen.
 


Reflective Quote
Saint Francis, faithful to Scripture, invites us to see nature as a magnificent book in which God speaks to us and grants us a glimpse of his infinite beauty and goodness.”
                                    Pope Francis

No comments:

Blog Archive