Monday, August 20, 2018

My Week

Thursday evening I went to our summer bicentennial series on Civil War.  This presentation had a field trip to the Illinois Archive of flags. Many of the flags had been displayed in the Howlett Building's "Hall of Flags" before going to climate controlled storage.    This is an 1861 Confederate cotton flag with silk fringe.
 Bill Lear, presenter, is in red.  During the 1920s, the flags were sewn between pieces of black silk netting meant to prevent further deterioration, but that didn’t save them completely.
 This is a 13 star Confederate flag.  Cotton stars are glued to the canton.   There is no sleeve.
Civil War battle flags not on display, but still public

I caught Amber chasing her tail and catching that curly little thing on the end of her body.

 I know she chews everything.  Here's the seam ripper I found in my bed.


This week's obedience class assignment was to walk on steps.  Well it's pretty flat around here and I didn't think the mall was appropriate for a dog so I took her to the steps at the Lincoln Tomb.


Here's the mess I found when I came home Thursday evening after a Civil War Round Table talk on historic flags at the archives.   My glass was broken and she was so happy when I came home, she started chewing on a piece of glass.
 She ripped the welcome mat inside.
After working the beer booth at the fair, I decided to kennel Amber so she wouldn't get in trouble.  That was a long time to be kenneled.   I walked the dogs first, then I cut my long grass in the front yard because my mower was in the shop.  Then I took the girls to Petsmart for a sale on our favorite brand.  You can see Sophie in the bottom half of the shopping cart.  The man who took my picture here pointed out a half off sale on toys by Ellen. 



Saturday morning I headed out to the fair.  I was to be there by 9am.  This time dressed in my period dress for the "Looking For Lincoln" exhibit.




We had a nice breeze on the hill but that died down later.

I went down the big slide with Mr Lincoln and a park ranger.  It was fun and daring.  That made my day. 
https://www.facebook.com/LookingforLincoln/videos/280080235924572/


Sunday I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans at Blessed Sacrament.  I should have taken a photo because it's one of the most beautiful churches.  We had breakfast and then I came home to make pizza for Sean and myself.

Now here's my Monday itinerary:  Exercise at 8am, Therapy Dog visit at Regency at 10:30, Dog training with Lisa at 1PM, Land of Lincoln Honor Flight banquet at 5PM, Obedience with Amber at 8PM. 

No comments:

Blog Archive