Tuesday, June 5, 2018

My Week

Prayers needed!!!!  My sister will be starting chemo treatment on Thursday June 7th 8:45 am.It will be a 4 hour treatment.   This will be a painful and boring time but she needs to fight this.

I'm disappointed in this year's harvest of asparagus.  I don't know what happened.  Maybe I trimmed it back too much when it dried out.

Tuesday Morning I had a home inspector check out my home to see if there was any priority that needs to be taken care of.  Otherwise I would love to have my kitchen remodeled.

Then in the afternoon, I went to Fenton, MO to bring home a new family member, Nick.  He's recovering from neuter. Have 2 antibiotic pills for some pulled teeth. Tried to walk him around the block but had to carry him 1/2 way. He's got that thick show dog fur and he's hot. He came with a pad because he's a leg lifter but then there were 12 dogs in the home. I got home and introduced him to the yard and praised him when he peed outside so that went well. I'll kennel him over night in my bed room.   This is his before and after photos so you can see his grooming standard.  I'm told he was a show dog and missed champion by a few points.  My sons joke that neutering is what happens when you come in second.
   

It was hot so he breaths heavy because he's wearing a parka.  He's learned the doggie door to the back yard.  Only caught him lifting a leg once since neutering.

I was really worried about his ability to go for a walk since he could only make it about 10 feet max without taking a rest.  Twice I had to carry him half way around the block but on his behalf, it was hot.  Saturday he made it all around the block .... slowly.  It was a little cooler.  Sunday he got to pass the test with "Moe".  Sean seems to approve so we are moving forward with training.  My other concern is that Sophie eats when she's hungry with free-feeding and sometimes even skips a day.  I can't leave it out now that Nick is here. He'll eat and get fat.


Thursday I sat in and observed the agility practice at the Capital Cannine Kennel Club which I joined the beginning of May.

Friday evening I was part of a joint color guard with the Legion and VFW for a flag and pole dedication at Danenberger Wineries in New Berlin.  We raised a US Flag, an Illinois flag, and our bicentennial flag.  The
This was a joint color guard between the American Legion and VFW posts in Chatham. Here you can see the governor going down the line shaking everybody's hand.







Saturday I went to Pittsfield for Lincoln Days.  I gave my shorter presentation called "Love Letters and Onions".  In the past, I had difficulty with longer programs either being pinched short (5 min last year for a group of kids rushing from presentation to presentation) to a program that ran over into my slot and the one after starting in my place.    Then another time there was hardly an audience.  This short program seemed better.  I passed out sweet onions to  their health.  I wore my semi-sheer dress because I thought it would be cooler with all the hot weather.  Well on the way there, it rained soiling my dress.  Here I am observing the ladies fashion show after my dress was modeled.
 I also couldn't find my buckle so I used a fancy pin.  Then the fancy metal came off the pin but I did find it in the grass to repair later with solder perhaps.

I washed the dress with blueing and it's no longer pale yellow but a pale blue.  I think it's ruined.  Unless I like pale blue.

Sunday afternoon I went to a simple little hole in the wall playhouse in Jacksonville.   It's the same place that I presented my Victorian mourning presentation.


It was a script read play in which the author plans to turn into a musical.  The plot reminded me of Sarah Emma Edmonds.  This is how simple it was.


 

Hottest May on record for several central Illinois locations. Springfield was near 11° above average on the month!
 Monday,  I went to our Korean memorial for a ceremony.


She called them all "Grandfathers" 
I'm sorry that this photo of Hanna greeting the Korean War veterans came out fuzzy but she did so on her knees.

No comments:

Blog Archive