Monday, February 13, 2017

My Week

This Wednesday we had our first snow of the year.  We also had a record high on Saturday.
NEW RECORD HIGH - Temperatures soar close to 70° today!  Previously 67. 

Tuesday morning I went for my ice back for my back out of the freezer and it fell on the floor.   I couldn't pick it up for the same reason it was needed.  To top it all off, later that day I stood in line to buy a grabber and realized my wallet was at home instead of my purse. 

Wednesday we had our post AmVets meeting and were graced with the Illinois State Commander Shae at our meeting.


Thursday I went to see Dr Watson.  As I expected, it turned out to be an appointment for another appointment.  While waiting alone for the x-ray, I took a picture of the monitor with the X-ray done on 1/19/17.  I didn't seen anything but he pointed out that the bottom vertebrae should look like the top and that is pinching my nerve.
I have the MRI the following Thursday. Then a week after that I get to go back and see Dr Watson after it is read.  Gee 2 weeks to get the shot but they need approval for insurance.  I still have tramadol for pain as needed but Advil seems more effective. They can't give me the shot without the MRI. Order of precedence so that they know the shot won't go into a cyst or something like that so I was told. I think Dr Watson will do it. After my appointment I went to Harbor Freight and bought a grabber. I was going to get one yesterday afternoon but after a therapy dog visit at St John's the snow was bad and slippery. Dr W had slight laryngitis. Made it difficult to understand with my hearing problem. However, small rooms really limit the background noise too.

Friday morning after exercise, I went to the Old State Capitol from 10Am- 2PM to help visitors and guests that arrived during the Naturalization ceremony.  New citizens are checking in at the desk.
View from the gallery.

After my shift, I headed over to the Abraham Lincoln Capitol Airport for the homecoming of Army PFC Maggie Bilyeu was critically injured in a suicide attack in Bagram Afghanistan on November 12, 2016.






 This young lady was putting "Merica" on the window at the last minute.
 On this video, you can see my flagged Nissan at 1:28



Here's the news video:
http://newschannel20.com/news/local/hometown-hero-returns-after-being-injured-overseas-02-11-2017

At first I thought the light on my salt rock went out. Then I thought the light in the junk room was out. I changed a bulb and it still didn't work so I noticed that the difusser's light is out too. Flipped every circuit breaker and still nothing.

On Saturday I went to the Lincoln Tom for the VFW wreath laying.  In the evening I went to the VFW banquet.

Sunday I went to our Memorial Mass at the church of the Little Flower.  What a nice Mass.  Not only was it our Catholic War Veterans Memorial Mass, but the 7th graders did the choir and ushering.  Then there was a beautiful Baptism and the baby was so well behaved.  Also recognized were the catecumens

I came home just long enough to have pizza and change for the Lincoln Birthday dance. I was a little tender still and sat when I could.  Here I am with Peggy.
This dance is called the Gothic Dance that I took from the gallery.


 This is known as the broom dance.  Much like musical chairs.  When the music stops, you get a different partner and if you don't ....you got to dance with the broom.  I usually sit this out.




 We danced with visitors.  The short lady in blue is Marylin and she's a Navy veteran in our Womens Overseas Service League.

This is the photo from the newspaper and I understand there were tan gloves lost in the rest room.  I seem my sea green skirt in the upper left too. 
Have a nice week!







No comments:

Blog Archive