Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Week

The corn is being harvested!  The weather is hot.  This is great weather to scrub the siding on the house and any splash back is appreciated.  I'm doing a little at a time/day.

Wednesday I went to exercise, shop and had lunch with Michael.  He paid my lunch and gave me a birthday card and chocolate.  Yum.
While shopping, I realized I needed more minutes on my Tracfone so I stopped by Walmart.  I also needed some office supplies for organizing my files (folder tabs). I don't shop Walmart often. Last time I was there was April when I bought my Tracfone. 

Thursday evening we had practice for the Murder Mystery. 
Friday I paid my utility bill on the way to the Old State Capitol.  I asked about the senior discount and was told 62 and no other working members in the household.  That would be me over the weekend so I filled out the form.  Old State Capitol sure needed me.  They had a staff meeting and I was the only one on the floor for about and hour and many visitors.  I was spread pretty thin.


I went to see The Adams Family musical Saturday night, the eve of my birthday. (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)👌 Uncle Fester took a selfie before returning from the intermission.


I see that the Hoogland Center will also be having Rocky Horror again.


 At Mass I signed in to assist as a Eucaristic Minister since they didn't want to schedule during the holiday weekend.  I showed Fr Manny my birthday button.  He asked my name and later mentioned wishing me a happy birthday in front of the congregation.  Mary Alice (in the choir) came to wish me a happy birthday after Mass and said she tried to signal the director to sing for me but couldn't get his attention.  Whew! That would have been over-kill anyway.
I got a nice breathable patriotic shirt from my sister.  I got to open the present while on Skype with her.  I also opened my other sister's gift ~ briefs.  I got money from my brother.  I got an apron from my sister, also opened via Skype. My sons gave me a new set of towels, gun cleaning kit and a cover for my air conditioner. Thank you all!  My sons and I went to Indigo, an upscale restaurant and then we saw the movie "Train wreck".  I had 156 friends wish me a happy birthday on Facebook.

I hardly slept with Hank jumping on my be on and off all night then he started chewing one of my spools of thread.  In the middle of the night, I opened my back door hoping he'd have free range to the back yard all night.  He still kept me awake. 
In the morning we went to the Lefthanders Gun Club Range. I wanted to practice my self protection with my Nano.  I was frustrated that the nano had more than a few failures to eject shell casings. My sons knew the importance of order of choice so I shot the M4 first.  Saves on ripping up our target too much.

I tried Sean's new practice pistol, Ruggar Target light.  Easy. The last rifle I tried blew the target off the mount ~ Mossberg 500.
I can't hear after going to the Lefthanders Gun Club with my sons yesterday.  Yes I had ear protection but I think my earrings left a gap.  Hope this gets better like a bad concert or something.

I enjoyed the time with my sons but they spent too much money on me.  I got a gun cleaning kit, new set of navy blue towels, scented Burt's Bees Eucalyptus Mint candle, shower soap, air conditioner cover, expensive dinner and a movie.  I love the time most.

There was no exercise class on Monday due to the holiday.  Tuesday I really needed to get caught up and work off all the birthday cake.

Tuesday the mail finally arrived and I got my kit from "Therapy Dog International" and Sophie is a Therapy Dog and I an Associate Member (as her handler). Now I believe we can try to make a miracle.    I have some rules to read and contacts to make now.

***I can keep a secret.  It's just the friends that I tell it to can't. ******* 

No comments:

Blog Archive