Monday, March 4, 2013

My Week

I've been stressed over my son's lost check book and a lost password for my taxes caused me to  have a sleepless Monday night.  Needless to say I was tired.  I did catch up a little on Tuesday night.

Since my son is moving out and in orientation for his new job, I was able to turn the heat down.  Then he called from his orientation in Danville that he forgot his check book.  I tore his room apart looking for it.  Instead we had to settle for account and routing number to pay his room.  I expected him to be in class all week but was surprised to see him home after work on Thursday.  Friday he left at 5AM for his first day on the job in Peoria.

Friday I got ►►►Free mail!!!◄◄◄
It's called that because soldiers serving in Afghanistan do not have to pay postage on letters.

Saturday morning I cleaned the house a bit.  I found a mouse in my trap under the sink.  Thankfully it wasn't there too long.  Then my sons and I picked up some tarps at Harbor Freight and loaded my motorcycle trailer with his furnishings for his apartment in Peoria.  We tied things down pretty tight and I let Alan do the driving while I was in the passenger seat in my own SUV.  I freaked.  Maybe because I'm not used to the trailer and maybe I like to be in the driver's seat because it brings back bad memories of the accident.  He went a little bit out of the lane and I hyperventilated.  After dropping off his bed and table, I rode in the back seat and my sons were up front.  I read 2 chapters in a book that was unfinished a long time ago in my back seat.  In fact reading made me nod off a little while.
We celebrated his new employment with dinner at OCharlies.    It was crowded so we ate at the bar.  I tried their fried pickles.  I ended up eating most of it since the boys were not that interested.

Alan charged the batteries on both motorcycles.  We finally to got Buck to start but then Sunday it wouldn't start.  So I thought, when was the last time it had a new battery?  Let's see, it's a 2005 Honda, I remember getting a new battery for Wheezer I and last year, Wheezer II got a new battery but I never got one for Buck. Alan helped me remove the battery.  I put the battery in my car and I'll take it to Mr Battery.   They were so kind to me last time and cheaper than Walmart batteries.  Walmart wanted me to add my own acid.
Sunday morning I read the second reading at Mass.  I made corned beef and vegetables.  I even cooked sweet potatoes in butter.  Yum.
Alan packed up more things in his car to go to his apartment.

Sunday's sermon was The Tale of Three Trees.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaTjIAePvGo&feature=player_embedded










No comments:

Blog Archive