Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Week

Wednesday evening was my only evening off so my sons and I had dinner at Fulgenzi’s.


Thursday and Friday evening I worked our food Booth at the American Legion Homecoming. Friday, I rode my little motorcycle, Wheezer II, to work. I needed to find close parking at the America Legion Homecoming in the square. I was asked to be in the honor guard for the parade on Saturday. That means 3 days of fun.

I picked up some wooden spools of thread at a thrift shop for my reenactment collection. I have tour guide volunteer weekend coming up.

Sunday morning I took a swap as Eucharistic Minister at Mass. After that the day was free and I spent time at home with my sons and getting a good nap in. Catholic volunteers now go thru a background check.

This is the video of the Civil War Medical Encampment.  @3.29 yours truly is  speaking on stage about my dress and Mrs Major Belle Reynolds, Civil War nurse
Illinois Central TV - Videos - Ladies Soldiers' Aid Society

I don't have too much interesting to put in words because I've been busy with the 3 nights at the 65th Chatham American Legion Homecoming festival.    Actually, Sunday I took time for myself to nap and  get caught up around the house which has been severely neglected with all my activities.
I don't have too much interesting to put in words because I've been busy with the 3 nights at the 65th Chatham American Legion Homecoming festival. Actually, Sunday I took time for myself to nap and get caught up around the house which has been severely neglected with all my activities.


I saw a couple in a convertible with plates somethin' like HAVNFN. Since I was uncaged, I shouted ahead, "Are you havin' fun?" I got a nod and a wave from the lady passenger.

Wednesday evening I went to the VFW for line dancing lessons. When I got it…I got it…when I don’t I just yell “WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE HOLD MY HAND!!!”

Just couldn't get this song out of my head. 

No comments:

Blog Archive