Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Week



I went to Ash Wednesday Mass in the evening after posting the last letter. I did OK on the fasting and abstinence part. I had a cheese stick in the morning, a smoothie after my exercise class, and in the evening I had artificial crab meat in the microwave with a little butter and seasoning. Oh and I had mints throughout the day to refresh. Sure were a lot of people at Mass. Many of us had to work during the daytime services. When I got home I sewed a lace headband with flowers for reenacting. Turned out pretty good. I found a double headband with fabric between 2 wires that I could sew the lace between. Well, I still broke three needles hitting it with the zig zag. Now I’d like to make one in white.


On the way home I stopped off at Family Dollar looking for something but didn’t find what I was looking for. However, I did find Valentine candy hearts for .25 a bag. I got 15 bags for my soldier’s boxes.

Saturday was a busy day, the morning started with a call from a Gold Star mom who told me she was excited about her grandson and a new book about healing.

Then at 10AM I went to a funeral at my local church for the daughter of one of the couples in my Why Catholic discussion group. We get a little bit close in those prayer groups. She died at 54 of cancer.

Then I went to see a movie called Love and Valor at the Springfield Art Association. I really thought that was a great 83 minute film. The movie followed the husband and wife's letters which were so well preserved and the feelings throughout the whole war. Since time was tight, I changed into my ball gown there for the Grierson Gala in Jacksonville. I sent that photo to the maker of my dress and she said she'd put it on her hall of fame. She also made a dress like the Scarlett curtain dress worn by Carol Burnett that someone else worn on her stage/roast.

While watching the Oscars, my son was picking the winner from the nominee based on the most politically correct for the win. He's hitting 'em too.

Monday I had dinner with my sons a Mi Rancho and then headed over to the Hogland center for historical dance practice with the Springfield International Folk Dancers.

On Tuesday I took an hour off of work for the Desert Storm Remembrance ceremony. I was in the American Legion honor guard with post 32 (I’m in Post 759 but 32 for the Legion Riders). While there, I paid my license plate renewal for my Nissan tags.

Sad…Davey Jones from the Monkeys passed away from a heart attack. I used to have a crush on him as a teen. Also those tornados in Missouri and Illinois are in the news.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive