Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Week


My son told me that his old unit that went to Iraq is being decommissioned.  He wants all the shirts from 5/10 marines.
Wednesday I went to our AmVets meeting in Pawnee.  As adjutant, I passed out the last minutes and the agenda.  Since we had a good turnout, I took a group photo and updated our post website.
I went to a Catholic War Veterans meeting on Thursday.  We had our memorial Mass on Sunday at Little Flower.  After Mass I went to the Lincoln tomb to observe the wreath laying by the American Legion.  The national commander also was there so that was good PR for Springfield.
I celebrated Abraham Lincoln’s birthday by volunteering 3 hrs at the Old State Capitol.   There were presentations in Representatives Hall by authors.  Free packets of Buckbee’s new tomato seeds named Abraham Lincoln.  I hope I’m successful growing these.
Saturday I VFW 755 Honor Guard at the Voice of Democracy Banquet — with Bob Cowles and Gene Walker.  The winner gave a nice speech and the contestant from our post took second place.  Whoo Hoo!
Tuesday I went to the Womens Overseas Service League meeting during my lunch hour.  I had lunch at the American Legion with the Womens Overseas Service League. The waitress staff at the Legion quit (or may have ended a contract) so we ordered lunch thru the bartender. Grace's glass was a double.
 This must have been the 5th call I've gotten from Card Holder Services wanting to lower my CC interest rate. I am on the do not call registry.   I wish they would stop.


No comments:

Blog Archive