Sunday, April 10, 2022

My week

It was a busy week and I am glad in it.   I dropped off some documentation for Therapy Dog International at Concordia village.  I brought Sophie with me hoping to see the  director  but the person at  the front desk said she'd put it in his basket.  Afterward I thought I stop by TJ Max to see what kind of Easter dresses they had.  They sure looked frumpy.  I bought some dog poo bags that have funny sayings like "love stinks" and "this too shall pass".  Monday evening was our American Legion meeting. 

Tuesday I put up my hummingbird feeder. It won't be long before they return.  In the afternoon Amber went on a visit.  In the evening to the CCTC meeting.

Wednesday was our agility practice group in Mechanicsburg preceded by lunch.  I took the back roads and there seemed to be a lot of flooding.  I also saw a couple vultures dining on a dead deer.  Although the field was really muddy and I wore my mud boots, Amber did me proud at practice.  She did 12 weave poles both directions. 

I have not been going to the gym on Thursdays because the only class was cycle with loud music.   Instead I'd been going to Mass at 8:30.  This week there was a change and there was senior core class at 8:35.  In addition,  the gym was cleaned up.  In fact there's a little leave on the TRX bar.

Afterward I went to rally practice at the dog club.  I'm glad I go early because Amber and I  take the course off leash and later others come and are a big distraction to a dog off leash.  In the evening I went to the ALPLM to see a presentation on Muslims in the Heartland. 



I still couldn't start my Personal Pace Toro. The Toro has been on a charger for weeks and grinds but doesn't start. I got out my corded electric mower to just do the back yard so the dogs don't have to climb over the tall grass. However, it's like cutting the grass with a weed whacker. After flipping that cord all the time, I think it would be cruel to start training Amber on jump rope trick. I must decide between a 1) battery mower, 2) taking it annually to Kunz Mowing service (which I can't lift into my car alone) or 3) hire a lawn service. I do enjoy this chore but starting a mower is not my thing. Maybe God is telling me to stick to gardening for an outdoor chore.

Friday morning I left early for Canton OH with my dogs.  I went to the memorial service for my husband's sister Ina who recently passed away.  I had not been to see Frank's family in a long time. My car was muddy from Wednesday's agility practice on the farm and hoped to gas  and wash when I got to Canton.  Well I didn't see a station with a wash but upon looking at my vehicle, the God's intermittent rain had washed most off.  In central Ohio, I saw an Amish team of horses plowing a field.    I checked into the Comfort Inn.

Saturday morning there was a heavy wet snow that didn't last.  Kate and Mike picked me up at the hotel and we went to the service together as well as the meal after.

Me, Lyssa, Michele, Lyssa's son?, Taylor, Kate, Trina and Jason

After the memorial, we had dinner at Hartville Kitchen.  That's a huge restaurant and bakery store with a good crowd.  Fortunately Lyssa reserved a room for us.  I loved this life size Easter Resurrection display in the lobby.



When you look inside the opening, there's more.

One of the sides to my chicken dinner that I chose was rice sauce which I had to ask what it was.  I liked it.  It was similar to chunky Spanish Rice but with a spicy chili pepper kick and maybe cinnamon. I wouldn't eat  this alone because it was spicy but I'd like to try to make it.   I hope that my presence brought a little of Frank to his sister's memorial.  I mentioned this to Katie and she told me that Mike said I was her only sister now ~ even as a sister-in-law.  Aww!  I just ran through the family and I never thought of it that way.  I was dropped off at the hotel in time to go to Palm Sunday service at St Joseph Church in Canton.  I got there just as Mass was beginning.

I saw a couple of the convoy trucks returning from DC on I-74.  Big truck was pulling like a 5th wheel camper with a flag like the firefighters have on the back of the truck.  Between the cab and camper there were 2 flags but they were coiled up.  Followed by another truck which was difficult to read while driving but something about a stolen election in the Biden font.  They were obviously together because I had passed them twice with a potty stop in-between.

Sean had turned over the garden soil where I left off.   He also helped me load my mower so I can get it  serviced on Tuesday when they open.

I watched "Rescued by Ruby" on Netflix.  It was a tear jerker.

I heard this little acronym to memorize the gifts of the Holy Spirit.  WUCKPF:  wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.  I doubt I'll remember anyway.

No comments:

Blog Archive