Monday, November 1, 2021

My Week

My plantar facisis is still bothering me occasionally.  

Monday I got a letter from church for the upcoming "All Souls Day" Mass of Remembrance service to include my sister-in-Law.  I  found her burial record here: 

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/230472596/nancy-helen-kapp



Tuesday afternoon I took Amber to the nursing home and was able to show off her newest trick ~ stacking rings on the peg. In the evening I picked Sean up to go have dinner in Lincoln for Alan's birthday.  

Last Sunday Amber and I completed another title and here's our Awards report so far for 2021.  We have 4 more events planned.



Wednesday I took Amber out to Mechanicsburg for agility practice.  I can now see some more advancement.  I was pleased to tell Lisa about our conquering the 12 weave poles without her looking at me for reassurement between poles.  I also noticed that the hoops were aligned to train the handler and dog to gain some distance on directions instead of walking close for control.  Amber was to go straight but I was supposed to stay behind the other perpendicular hoops.   There was more, like a sharp L turn after that.


In the evening I went to our monthly meeting of the Interveterans Council.  I was elected as chaplain for the organization and will be doing the opening and closing prayer.  I wish to invite council members to name the recently departed from their posts to include. 

Thursday I was going to go to 8:30 mass since I don't go to the gym but when I got there, I saw funeral flowers being delivered which means the Mass would be later. The evening was the last night of being an assistant for Agility 101 at the club.  I was the only station out in the yard with a barrel and tunnel. My station was first.  I helped put up the equipment afterward and got to go home before the rest of the class.

Friday started to get cold in the house even though it was in the 50s outside.  My furnace was not running.  I called my serviceman who happened to be in the neighborhood.  On the phone he had me check the circuit breaker but that didn't work.  He stopped by and flipped what looks like a light switch and it worked.   I had tried that switch earlier but it didn't turn the furnace on.  Apparently I should have waited a few.  He only charged $20 for gas.  

Saturday and Sunday I went to the Champaign-Urbana Dog Training Club to attend the Matthew Twitty Obedience Seminar.  I did not bring my dog with me.  Instead it was less expensive to audit this class.  This seminar was quite informative and wished I knew some of these methods sooner for Amber.  For example: instead of cutting hot dogs or cheese in slices, he cut lengthwise to dangle the treats.  He said if a dog gets too excited and barks entering the ring, pick the dog up to disrupt the behavior.  One smaller young lady had to do this with her German Shepard. He could see signs in performance that I  didn't notice.  I will have to review what I learned.

I drove my dogs to a rural area at night to see if I could see the Northern Lights.  Only headlights from oncoming traffic.  One couple in a pick up stopped to see if I was stranded and I told them I just hoped to see the Northern Lights.  I'll never see these mythical lights.  

Monday I  went to All Saints Day Mass.

I won the 50/50 at the American Legion meeting on Monday with a ticket ending in 666. I donated it to wreaths across America ($19).


No comments:

Blog Archive