Monday, July 19, 2021

My Week

 Monday I was a volunteer  at the Abraham  Presidential Museum and stationed at the entrance to the White House.


Sojourner Truth and
Frederick Douglass

In the  evening I went to a meeting at the VFW.  

Tuesday  afternoon, Sophie had a trip to the nursing home.   In the evening I got all dressed up for the flag lowering ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb only  to back out of the dress because I wasn't feeling well.  I think the heat is getting to me.  I slept a lot.

Wednesday morning I took Amber to agility practice in Mechanicsburg.  We are trying to beat the heat by getting and early practice in.  As it was, she hid in the shade of the A frame.

Sean and I watched "The Patriot" for Independence Day.  As a result, I found the original Disney  version of Francis Marion whom my husband was named after. Video of the week is: 


Swamp Fox - The Birth of the Swamp Fox pt 1

 Here is a video that Sean took while Amber and I ran a CPE standard level 3 course.
 
here is the course map.
Sean exclaimed that seeing the event really added a new dimension of why we worked so hard practicing. He seemed impressed and I'm glad I could share it with him.
 

Here are the weekend's trial results for Amber. Friday 7/9/2021:
Snooker L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
No Time

Wildcard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 83 yards  SCT: 47 seconds
No Time

Jackpot L3 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Score: 36 (NQ)  Time: 64.53 seconds  1st Place

Saturday 7/10/2021:
FullHouse L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Absent

Standard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 144 yards  SCT: 77 seconds
Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 40.00 seconds  1st Place

Colors L3 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 97 yards  SCT: 49 seconds
Score: 5 (NQ)  Time: 32.30 seconds  1st Place

Snooker L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Score: 44 (Q)  Time: 38.64 seconds  1st Place

Jumpers L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 92 yards  SCT: 42 seconds
Score: 5 (Q)  Time: 24.93 seconds  1st Place

Sunday 7/11/2021:
Jackpot L3 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Score: 65 (Q)  Time: 39.45 seconds  1st Place

Standard L3 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Score: 0 (Q)  Time: 38.40 seconds  1st Place

FullHouse L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Score: 24 (NQ)  Time: 21.68 seconds  1st Place

Wildcard L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 84 yards  SCT: 47 seconds
Absent

Jumpers L2 -  8 Inch - Judge: Steven Klein
Distance: 105 yards  SCT: 47 seconds
Absent
It was a tough call to leave early Sunday knowing how much this trial meant.  I left the fairgrounds early so I could go to bed.  It was air conditioned in the livestock center and then going out to humidity gave me hot and cold spells of weakness. It was probably a good decision but not an easy one. In fact I left in such a hurry that I left my sweater there but my fellow club members saved it for me and I can pick it up at the club.

No comments:

Blog Archive