Monday, October 5, 2020

My Week

 I watched the debates for a beginning and couldn't take the interuptions and talking over each other.

Amber and Sophie went to the groomers on Thursday so I had to get their photo taken.

I decided to look online and see if Amber's title is on the website.  Then the certificate came in the mail on Saturday. (initials RE mean rally excellent, CGCA means canine good citizen advanced, and TKE means trick elite performer).  The titles listed are the highest achieved on that ladder, not all the titles leading up to it because some trainers skip and go to straight to the top.  Not me, I'm learning and growing.

 

 
I'm starting to see a lot of Elite performers on YouTube now for the national competition. I explained to my son that it's like having a degree from Princeton but you don't know if your on the honor roll until December.
I want to brag just with family on not on Facebook.  My sisters convinced me to hold in the brag till November because our performance is Christmas themed. The nationwide AKC award will be announced in December. I really don't expect to win but the challenge in July pushed my plan to meet the Oct 1 deadline. Amber and I have practiced in front of a nursing home window but now it's official that we have AKC TKE. The award would be a plus. She is a therapy dog and I get credit for window visits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fqfw1c7-qM&feature=youtu.be

Wednesday evening I went to a meeting of the Interveterans Council of Sangamon County.  We decided not to have a Veterans Day Parade.

Friday evening I took the girls to practice.  I worked mostly with Sophie because she's been pampered and needs to finish rally next week.  Amber was in a kennel.  So when it came time to recall the dog.  I called her by the wrong name.  She came anyway.

I stopped by the Lincoln Tomb. Garrett, who was going to hire me in Spring for tours, was going to do a tour of Oak Ridge cemetery but it rained a little and no one showed. I said hello to the staff to see how they were doing tours in a COVID world. There's a tent in the parking lot to check people in and a guide at the tomb entrance to maintain 10 at a time. She didn't recognize me at first in a mask.

 I finished an audio book called "The Heroines of Mercy Street".  I liked that better than Godwin's "Team of Rivals".  That was so long and repetitive.  Seemed like a lot of plagurism put into an encyclopedia book.  

APL Blessing of the Animals Ceremony live video: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2810973572469252
Amber, Sophie and Moe were blessed by Fr George, pastor of St John Vianney, on the feast day of St Francis of Assisi.


I got some more buffalo lung. It was on sale buy one get other 40% off. Only it wasn't when I got to the counter. So after I got it in my car. I went back and ripped the sale sticker off the shelf and told the clerk. She didn't think what was on the sales receipt was a Meijer brand. As I leave for the back of the store to bring forth a copy of what I bought, she called me back to get the items from my car.   So off to the car to get the tubs. I win!  Or did I?  The dogs love this stuff but to open the container is like opening a coffin.



Monday morning we had our first frost.  It's gonna be a cold winter.

“When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present....we experience heaven on earth.”
- Sarah Breathnach

No comments:

Blog Archive