Monday, July 27, 2020

My Week


Last Monday, I started Nosework class with my dog.  After class was over, our instructor broke her ankle and is in a cast with surgery expected.  This class has been postponed till end of August.  Once again, calendar has been lightened up. 

I got a refund check in the mail for a reenactor seminar that was canceled.

Shortly after the practice and loading of the props, I got a weather warning of a tornado.  There was a confirmed tornado about 6 miles away. 

Tuesday afternoon, Amber and I did a dry run for the AKC Trick Dog Elite performer title.  I wrote a story called Amber's Christmas Story.  We have performed all these tricks separately but never all together and it also needed to be timed under 6 minutes.   I think we got the time down but not the performance.

One project that I had was to redo the waistband on this 1950s style dress.  I got it at the Salvation Army and it still had the tags on it.  However, sizes have changed.  A simple move of the button wasn't going to cut it.  I had to take it apart to expand the waistband and pleats.

My VFW mask is a little large so I made an ear brace that says "American" as cut out from a newborn baby shirt I found at Goodwill.

Sunday morning I went to Mass and we still have some social distancing restrictions.  I did notice one change that was rolled back:  no alter servers.  Father had to retrieve the book, chalice, and finger bowl himself. If the service was short of help, then both the in-person Mass I went to at 8AM would not have also been short staffed at 10:30 online Mass also. 

I had spoken with the activity director at Regency Care call about a Therapy Dog International's window visit with Amber. Last time it was a hot afternoon and Amber tuckered out under a cool bush outside the viewing window. I have a morning visit scheduled for Aug 26 which is national dog day and this time in the morning. It's a good opportunity for a Christmas practice. I hope to video "Amber's Christmas Story" for AKC Trick Dog Elite Performer title.  Hope the weather holds outside that window. I know residents like holding Sophie but she would break their hearts through a window because they could not be able to hold her.  This is where Amber could shine with a window performance. Super excited.  Below is a shot from the video right after jumping through the Christmas Wreath and about to weave through the Christmas tree forest.



No comments:

Blog Archive