Monday, January 21, 2019

My Week


This is the week of our blood moon and freezing temperatures.  I have been using my fireplace which I save for days like these.
Our Wednesday morning exercise group has dwindled without some of the snow birds.

Sophie had surgery on her eye on Wednesday.  She must have felt awful before because she was so lethargic but when I brought her home she was her regular self.
So Thursday morning was expected freezing rain but the temperature was higher than that and it was just wet out.  So I went to yoga and afterward I took Amber to training group at 10AM.  Sometimes she amazes me despite her high energy level.  Then the group had lunch at the Chatham Cafe.

You can also see the longer red coat I got at the Salvation Army for like $8.  It will cover my behind even better when we get freezing temperatures this weekend.  In the afternoon I had permission to tour with Amber instead of Sophie who was recovering.  It was not an official therapy dog visit since Amber isn't certified.   I have made small talk with the residents and have told them about my other dog.  I promised I'd let them meet her.  I thought it was time to show them my subject.  Amber seemed a little timid in the environment.  She did perform a few tricks for them that Sophie would doesn't do, like around and heal, spin, and roll over.  Some of her other tricks require props.
Amber seamed a bit timid around some residents that were less than normal in mannerism and that had walkers.  We need to work on that.

In addition to great finds, I got a big, red suitcase from my neighbor. I needed to replace the suitcase I took to Greece which lost a handle and has now become a seasonal storage tub. I also found a stool for my new kitchen (when ever the remodel happens which I hope will be after the new dishwasher is delivered so it can be installed at the same time) I sad for awhile in the at the Salvation Army and decided to bring it home.  It was $30.  I took my old wobbly stools to Goodwill.


Thursday evening I went to the Civil War round table.  The topic was the 55th Illinois.

Later, I got a call from my AF friend, Luz, in California.  Well she knew I was awake because of a late night email but I was hoping it would be the last before I went to bed. We have a 2 hour time difference so I forced myself to stay awake and we must have talked at least a half hour.  I learned she lived around the corner from where my dear departed sister had lived.

I watched a documentary about Sister Clare Crockett who died in the Ecuador earthquake.  https://www.sisterclare.com/en/

Saturday there was a red weather alert and the 5" of snow forecast didn't hit my area but rather north and south.  Meanwhile many events were cancelled because of the predicted blowing snow and ice storm.  We freaked over nothing.

Sunday I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans and then breakfast with them at our church's pancake breakfast.  The weather brought only a small group of us.  Here we are at the tomb of Bishop McNicolas, namesake for our post.
When I got home, Sean was there with Moe.  I taught Moe a new trick ~ "go box" and he got in a box to sit.  Except that Amber already knew that "go box" meant a treat and she got in before Moe.  I had to put Amber in the kennel so I could teach Moe without her distraction.

I made a pinner apron for reenacting.  I modeled it after examining my patriotic apron as a pattern that was professionally made.  I wish I made the waist band tie a bit wider.
Now I have other projects in the works like sewing squeaks into fabric for dog toys, altering my regency dress, and my bustle dress.

Monday afternoon I went to observed dog training.  I would have stayed longer than an hour but there was an hour gap due to cancellation. 




No comments:

Blog Archive