Monday, January 7, 2019

My Week

Happy New Year!

The last day of the year I went to yoga class.  It was the most crowded group I'd ever been to.  I counted 24. There is a class on New Years Day but I understand it's an advanced group.

I spent new year's eve with the Liz and Chris Bron.  I did before.  We had a German dinner and camaraderie.  It's a party for us older folks because I left at 9:15.  They had a live phone call to a relative in Germany speaking in German but I just wished her a Happy New Year.  Something about "sliding" into the new year.
 I think I got my eyes closed in this picture. 
  I had explained to the guy next to me that my hearing aids slip out when I smile.  He encourages me to keep smiling and ear pushing because the smile was worth it.

New Year's day I went to Mass for the Solemnity of Mary.
Tuesday I decided to give up on my old purple coat.  I cut it up and made dog toys out of it.  I stuffed some rubber squeaky toys inside a sewed up coat sleeve.  Then on Wednesday, after my dance I stopped by Goodwill.  I was expecting to find a file cabinet but came back with a replacement coat that covered my behind like I wanted.  Sure I have nice waist parkas but I don't like my longer shirts showing nor my cold behind. 
Still have my gym leggings on gut there's a long hip shirt on that doesn't show.  I also got the Suede leather hat (I believe the fake fur is sewed onto the Suede) and thick gloves.  At first I wasn't going to get that coat because there were buttons where a hood once was but after finding that hat (or should I say warm) in the bin for 99 cents, I'm glad I did.  Well, the next morning, I noticed the zipper was open on the bottom and teeth apart. Hmmm!  Most of the time the zipper works if carefully locked down together at the start.
Wednesday evening I went to the Legion Riders meeting
Friday I had fish at the VFW and afterward there was a band.

Saturday morning I gave a presentation on the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight to the ladies of the DAR at the local library.  They seemed pretty interested. I gave them a copy of my powerpoint slides on an old jump drive.  Afterward I took my Christmas lights down.  I figure I will need some more c4 light bulbs for next hear and I found a lot of white ones on sale for 24 cents.  Ha, few years back I had a sale on blue ones.

Sunday morning, I got to pass the decorations up the ladder to Sean to put in the attic.  Sure miss walking the dogs at dusk without the Christmas lights.


Monday is busy.  After Powerworks, I took Sophie on a visit, then I went to Lisa's dog training classes from 1PM to 4:30 and then the American Legion meeting in the evening.
Have a good week!


No comments:

Blog Archive