Monday, April 2, 2018

My Week

This rain is removing the hulls from the trees and soon the leaves will open.  However, since Easter is early this year, I will not see a flowering dogwood tree in time for Easter.  I think that the season is on the Orthodox calendar because Palm Sunday there will fall on our Easter Sunday. 

Poor Alan had plumbing problems at his house.  It's a bath and a half house and the toilets were removed for 3 days.  I don't know what he did but he said he'd rough it.  It  looks like my brakes and struts will cost more than Alan's Roto Roter job. 

 Wednesday I had a therapy dog visit at St John's Hospital.  I dressed her up in her Easter finest dress but took it off for the petting session.  It was a child's sundress modified.


On my way home, the oil light came on so it was time for a change.  Since it was 4pm, I stopped by One Stop Auto with Sophie in the waiting room.
I had my oil changed Wednesday at 4pm at One Stop. Friday I vacuumed my car and noticed an oil stain in the drive. Now I hadn't driven much since Wednesday because my car was overnight Thursday at Checkpoint for brakes. I took it back about the leak. Something about an aluminum valve. This happened last time I had the oil changed at One Stop.  Prior to this I went to Jiffy Lube but it's now closed.  So Friday afternoon I went back to One Stop. 

Thursday I got an appointment so I dropped off my car for brakes, rotors and struts.   I had to leave it overnight but got a ride to the UIS Vietnam Commemoration.


After the ceremony they asked for a group photo of the Vietnam Veterans and Vietnam era.  I wish I dressed up more but just back from exercise group and depended on a ride while my car was in the shop.
I think I look chubby at this angle


Sad part is that it's the same people showing up at these events.  We know they're out there because they wear a ball cap saying such but where are they at events?

I got a ride to Holy Thursday evening Mass.   I did something different and wore my black chapel veil.  Father washed the feet of the RCIA candidates plus a few.

Friday I was scheduled to help with the fish fry but just before I was supposed to go, I had a painful belly ache.  I tried to walk it out but the pain was too great.  Guess what? It was gone by the end of the fish fry.

Saturday I went to the 8AM beginner yoga class.  Brenda conducts this and our senior class.  More were there than our Thursday class.  Then I did a little shopping since it was still early in the morning.  The parking lots got full fast.  I got some things for Easter dinner and an exercise outfit.  I picked up a purple hyacinth for the flowers on the altar.  The flower wasn't opened when I bought it but another lady in the store reassured me it would open for Easter.  If it's the one I spied up there, it opened for Easter like she said.  I helped great the people as they came through the doors along with a few other greeters.  My feet were cold until about mid service. Of course, that meant the pews were full except for the middle.  I got a family to move for one more.  They had teens.  I noticed teen girl and boy with the "Pew Art" card.  I happened to have a 5 color pen in my pocket and offered it.  They smiled and rejected it. 

I watched the live Jesus Christ Superstar on TV.

It was still snowing in this picture but getting too dark to take a picture soon of my *flowering* dogwood tree on Easter.

Legend ties dogwood to the Easter story:
http://thetandd.com/lifestyles/faith-and-values/religion/legend-ties-dogwood-to-the-easter-story/article_ed48920b-f346-5651-9ea3-7c5ef118e0f0.html


No comments:

Blog Archive