Sunday, April 9, 2017

My Week

Windy Week

Through help of facebook, I learned why my daffodils never bloom.  It's called daffodil bud blast
Nitrogen, crowding, and depth are the cause.  I'll have to move them for next year.

Monday I got 10 hen and chicks plants that I saw on Facebook for sale.  I got my taxes done.  I sold off some of my Barbies and met up with a woman at McDonalds for the exchange while having an iced mocha.  In the evening I went to the American Legion meeting but had to leave the American Legion early. I was squirming in pain.  

Tuesday was election day.  Chatham has a new mayor now.  I had my Pre-Operative blood work done at 1PM.   Nurse Kristina is having a baby boy soon. We wished each other luck. I then had to wait for the blood draw...long time in the waiting room too and my legs were getting sore in the chair. Stood for awhile. So long that I thought I'd return a call to Audibel regarding a change in my hearing aid appointment and while on the phone I was cut short because my wait was over.  I'm such a baby at drawing blood.

I plan to go to Paths of Glory.

Wednesday I dragged the recycle bin to the street and the wind blew it over before they picked up at my weakest part of the day for picking stuff up.  I had to lunch with Michael.  Got a little grocery shopping in as well since we meet at the County Market mezzanine.

I went to Camp Butler on Thursday morning for the 100 yr Anniversary of The United States entry into WWI wreath laying ceremony.  It was windy and cold and I hobbled to the gazebo with my cane hiding by a car from the wind.  Then I went to the Old State Capitol for a tourism presentation for volunteers.  I told her I'd come if I felt well but that meant no reservation.  I shared some of my Laffy Taffy jelly beans with some friends there and they were sold on the vibrant flavors.

I got my house cleaned again on Friday afternoon. Mary Ann does a great job.

If mornings are the worst for me, how the heck am I gonna ck into Memorial at 5AM on the 27th without taking pills for a week in preparation for surgery?
Saturday I broke the arm on my titanium frame glasses.  On a SATURDAY WHEN THE PLACE IS CLOSED!
I searched for my little tiny reenacting glasses and it looks like I'll be wearing them for awhile.

Sunday morning routine with becoming mobile but trying to shift my schedule earlier to bed and earlier to rise so I'll not be shocked when I have to report to admissions at 5AM.   I got dressed and went to St Joseph Church on the north side with the Catholic War Veterans for our monthly memorial Mass.  It happened to be Palm Sunday so we processed into the church with our blessed palms.  The group went to eat after Mass but I didn't go.  Instead I met up with the bikers at the ABATE Easter Basket Run to Hope School for the challenged.  There I am in the middle still wearing my CWV white shirt with my leather vest.   Bikers like this "feel good" event and the weather was nice.
I came home to the sweet N sour chicken that I had pre-made the day before for my son and myself but he bought a sub before I got home from the Easter Basket run.  We walked our dogs around the block together.  I like that.  After he left, I cut the grass in my front yard.  By then end of that, the nerve in the back of my legs started their evening terror.   Surprisingly it was mostly pain-free day until then. 

My son was name dropped in the newspaper:
“A lot of times, veterans miss that community that they had when they were in the service,” said Alan Connolly, outreach coordinator at the Peoria Vet Center. “So that when they find events like this, they want to come out, and it tends to connect them with other vets.”
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170408/bradley-students-looking-to-connect-veterans-with-each-other-and-local-resources 





I hope my dogwood tree will bloom for Easter.
This is the surgery I'll be having.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/234293-complications-with-an-l5-s1-spinal-fusion/
 18 more days....


 

No comments:

Blog Archive