Monday, December 19, 2016

My Week

Tuesday I had my one hour massage.  Oh how wonderful.  I gave Carrie a hug.

Wednesday morning I got up cold and had to call the furnace guys.  I felt bad because I just had them over on Dec 6.  It happened to be a different problem but they always come right away.  You know that if feels like a long time when you're cold.  They were here 3 times in December so I decided to replace this 5 year old system installed by the yahoos.

After repeated calls for help from Bob Bergen and son Calvin, I a getting a new furnace on Monday-Tuesday.  It was a bit of an unexpected home improvement for this year since I've already had numerous things done this year.  The heater was installed in 2011 by Steve and Chris Gwinn has been leaving me cold.  It's the worst!  Every year I try to do a little construction on the house, This year I replaced a side door on my garage and well, started a sunroom but too late for the winter weather and I doubt the workers will be back for a while.  I had the bedroom, hall and living room painted in Aug.  For my birthday I got a new adjustable bed.  The bed I had was not new when we got it in OK so many years ago.  

 This is the business card for the yahoos that went out of business.  Yeah, don't bother trying to call.  Card is dated now.
As I publish this blog, workers are installing a Goodman furnace.  I didn't even ask how much it will cost.  I don't even want to bet that this cold December will alleviate our debt for a cold January and February.

I got a cute little lighted nativity at Goodwill. The light didn't work because it was black inside but I hoped it would work because it was beautifully detailed and dusty.

Friday evening we had an ice storm.  Well everyone was talking about it but it looked fine to me until I walked the dog.

Saturday I scrapped the care and salted the drive to go to Camp Butler for Wreaths Across America.  It sure was cold.  After the formal ceremony, I warmed my toes in the car before laying a few wreaths.

Dean Bartling laid the Air force wreath and his wife, Peggy took this picture.  Don't we look cold?
Camp Butler usually has to share the crowd for Wreaths Across America participants with a simultaneous ceremony that's supposed to be conducted nationwide with a cemetery at Oak Ridge  but they postponed their ceremony till Wednesday.  I just think it was held to late this year.  It's usually the second Saturday and this year on Dec 17.

I got a card from Harlan "Pop" Bottles whom I was guardian for on the Honor Flight in 2009. He's still going strong with the American Legion, bluegrass at church and burial detail. 

I wanted to wear my bustle dress for the first time since alterations but Friday and Saturday's candle light tours at the Elijah Iles House but that had to be cancelled.  Therefore I only have a photo on my dress form.

It's so cold that the salt trucks will not even be out because the temperature will be harsher than the ice can melt.  I fixed dirty rice and put a log on the fireplace. Mail was not delivered Saturday because of the weather as evidenced by the outgoing Christmas Card is still there in the mail box to pick up.
Still, Sean came over with his dog on Sunday and did laundry. 
 
Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Blog Archive