Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My Week


Well the geese are flying south and the pumpkins on the porches are being eaten by squirrels.
Tuesday evening I went to the Old State Capitol for a reception for executives at HSHS.

I got a recliner at the Salvation Army for $32 on Wednesday (senior discount day).  I got it home in my SUV but Alan got it from the garage to the house while I was at St John's Hospital with Sophie.  Well it seemed appropriate to schedule our family portrait for the church directory when Alan would come down from Peoria to drop his dog, Hank, off while he goes on a trip to California to visit with an old marine buddy that he misses.  Hank stayed until Tuesday.  We did fine.  Sean let his dog play with Hank in a way that doesn't work with a little dog like Sophie.

Friday morning, after exercise, I went on two PGR missions at Camp Butler NC:  Peggy A. Hoskinson and Albert Olin Oller, 72, US Army Retired, Kincaid, IL.

Saturday I went to our Soldiers Aid Society workshop and meeting at the Old State Capitol.  I made a 3 cornered reticule at the workshop.  I put the finishing touches on it on Sunday.

Material was from a pillow case from the Salvation Army.  Next I'd like to make a travel bag that we may call a duffle bag. 

Monday, Springfield set a record high of 88° and a record warm low of 69°. Old records were 86°, 64° respectively.  It was very windy trying to take the leaves down but instead it took a branch down on a wire and my neighbors and I were out of power for a half hour.

I took Sophie on a TDI visit but she barfed in the car afterwards.  Probably the drive and the weather.  It's a good think I line the seat with a towel. 

In the evening I went to our VFW meeting and afterward I updated our facebook page with information. 

Tuesday the village is flushing my hydrants.  Bracing myself. 
https://www.chathamil.net/press-release/2016-10-18-water-main-flushing-program-todays-area-see-below-starting-now

"When the eyes of the soul looking out meet the eyes of God looking in, heaven has begun right here on this earth."...A.W. Tozer

No comments:

Blog Archive