Monday, April 4, 2016

My week

Words of wisdom from my mom.
Well after my problem in the ER last Wednesday night, I thought I'd have my blood preassure taken after senior strength and zumba.  It was good like 107/70.  It rained a lot on Wednesday.  I had my scheduled tune up appointment on my hearing aids at Audibel. Then I did a little thrift store shopping.  In the evening I went the to Interveterans Council meeting which I nearly missed.

Friday I went to a PGR flag line at Camp Butler for Robert Pfeiffer.  For 50 degrees, it sure was cold in that wind.   Later I fixed myself a steak.
I remember last summer when it was hot saying "feel that nice breeze".  Wow feel the wind chill now.

Saturday afternoon I helped with the season opening of the Iles House.  I'm weak on subject knowledge at the house so it was good to break in on some knowledge on a small audience.  My camera battery ran out and I wanted a picture of Iles's autobiography.   A ranger from the nearby Lincoln Home site who came to take a picture of an old mirror that their site donated took this at my request.  The mirror didn't fit their time period but went well with the Iles House.  I asked if he'd take a picture of this display of an original autobiography of Elijah Iles so here's the photo.
I learned from Jim Patton that if you extend the Mason-Dixon line through Illinois, it boarders the front porch of the Strawbridge Shepherd house.  That means I live south of the Mason-Dixon line.

I have a proud moment coming up for my son.  He walks across the stage on May 14th.  He finished his courses in January and already received his diploma in the mail.
http://www.uis.edu/commencement/
I wanted to throw him a nice graduation party and the American Legion hall was open but he said he wouldn't show if I did.  He just wants to go out and eat.

Monday morning I groomed myself and my dog before going to Regency for a Therapy Dog visit.  Once again, Sophie was a hit.



No comments:

Blog Archive