Monday, February 9, 2015

My Week

Came home on Monday from a wonderful trip to Wisconsin to see 3 of my 4 my sisters.  I left with this in sight.
A packers themed bus near Soldiers Grove.  It wasn't alone but the only I stopped to photograph.  My car was a mess so I went to the car wash knowing another snow storm was on the way.  I just couldn't stand it and even loading something in or out would rub white salt stuff on my clothes.  I also sent two boxes to our lady soldiers serving overseas.  One was a vegetarian by the profile so I removed the jerky.

Tuesday I spent the day doing something I should have done a long time ago - putting my dolls up for sale.  I put a bunch of stuff on Craigslist and on Ebay Classifieds.  Here's the link:
http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/user/toga42
I got my utility bill and it was higher by $38.  I also got my cable bill and it was higher by $29.  I stopped by the office on Wednesday and cut HBO.

I'm still a little angry that Sophie ran from me when she slipped out the door in Peoria.  I found myself a little dejected when she ran to my son instead.  So back to basics. I got out of my closet the pinch training collar.  She thinks she's playing all the time.  Yes, she greeted me like she knew me as her owner coming back for her unlike the welcome she gives to everybody else.  She needs work and play.  Too much play.  She always wants me to play Squeaky and when she gets loose, it's a game of chase.  Oh but she's so cute.  She's gonna give me a heart attack.

Thursday night, At night, Sophie jumped off the bed. Moments later, I hear little light noise like crawling under the bed. She's not under the bed. I still hear the movement and looked under the dresser. Not there either. Where could she be? I found her in my wooden clothes hamper and the lid must have closed on her.

Tuesday I listed things for sale on both craigslist and Ebay Classifieds.  I took photos and posted back and forth.  Here are all of the ads.
http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/user/toga42
Wednesday I made my usual rounds.  I found some knickers that would go well with the German blazer that I got the week before.  I stopped by and turned off HBO since my cable bill increased after a year introductory offer.  The bill went from $73 to $104.  Next month should be about $84.

In the evening I went to a meeting of the Legion Riders.  It was cold and snowy.  I brought the bowl and Styrofoam to place the mini flags that I retrieved from  the wreaths at Camp Butler.  The mini service flags were embedding in the Wreaths Across America wreaths.  I'll have Dave deliver to Gary Sigler who presented our POW wreath.


Thursday evening I went to a presentation by Mark Depue and Robert Davis.  It was a bit slippery getting into my car after that.   There was a good size ice patch by the curb.




Friday I volunteered at the Old State Capitol after a winter hiatus.  Even still the tours were slight but I was fortunate to see the setup for the following day's presentation.
  Pedestals date to 1901. They held Lincoln's coffin during transfer from the vault to the current memorial.   More about the timeline can be found here:  
http://www.lincoln-assassination.com/bboard/index.php?topic=1222.0


 It's amazing to be that close to history.  I was able to be close enough to touch just to see what the make up of the stands were.  At first I thought it looked like leather but it was silk and velvet.

Saturday I went to the Old State Capitol for a presentation on the Lincoln Funeral.  We were asked to add atmosphere by attending in our period dress.   I wore my widows weeds.  We are not permitted to wear widows weeds during the reenactment of the funeral in May.
The first part of the presentation had a lot of facts that I already knew but he put them together in their relationships like mortar between the bricks. I did not know that Lincoln visited the opened vault of his son, Willie, monthly.  Death was thought of often.  Most did not live as long as we do today.  It was the most elaborate funeral related to the White House because of Prince Albert.  Each city along the route was more elaborate than the last and the hearse better than the last city's not to be out-done.  He even covered 5 different conspiracy theories.  The respect to return the dead to family cemeteries with honor prompted the increase in modern embalming.

 Sunday morning we had Mass at Little Flower Church with the Catholic War Veterans.  Afterward we had breakfast at the Knights of Columbus hall which was a fund raiser for Special Olympics.
The weather was real nice, 55 degrees, so I tried to start both motorcycles and the lawn mower.  Nothing works despite being on trickle chargers.  I took the seat off the little bike and the battery looks new and put the full charger to it as opposed to the trickle.  I couldn't start either motorcycle.  I can feel the charger's vibration but the needle hadn't moved in the last 12 hrs.  I had red on red and black on black but someone suggested just grounding the black one.  trying that now.  Battery looks new and clean.  Records indicated that I bought the battery 5/10/12.  Saga continues.  It will get cold again and I fear I missed a window for a winter ride.   A warm day is predicted this week but not for long.

My son fixed my Oster wine opener.  There was a bit of cork stuck up there that would not come out nor remove the cork from other bottles til that was removed. Life is good.

My electrician should be over next Friday to fix my ceiling light over my fireplace. 


No comments:

Blog Archive