Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My week

Thursday the handyman came to take down my weak attic ladder which I'm replacing with an aluminum ladder.  The replacement went up on Saturday with an assist from his son. 

Easter was spent with my sons.  I had intended to trailer up the riding mower but I couldn't get it started and it has a flat tire. Instead, we took him some more of the stuff in my garage.  We brought Sean's dog, Moe, with us since he hadn't met him yet.  Discovered some turds in the yard of his new house.  Moe seemed to be scratching at the ground under the shed.  There's a critter down there.  Next trip up he'll have the trap.  We ate at a local diner and it was pretty good.  My son wanted to eat at an Italian restaurant but is was closed on Easter.  Always looking for a place that has beer with the meal.

It must be spring because the ants are back by the kitchen sink.  I got this suggestion: "Mix equal parts baking soda and powdered sugar. The sugar attracts them; the baking soda kills them. They can't tell the difference between the two, so they ingest both. The baking soda mixes with chemicals in their little bodies and they literally explode."

My neighbors basketball net has a robin nest.
You know your yard is pretty bad when the brown grass patches show up on google Earth.  I've been working on that one patch at a time.
I have been rewriting my script for the first-person interpretation of Belle Reynolds for May 17th at the Lincoln Home Historic Site.  I'm learning something new.  Apparently she did have a uniform jacket with a major's braid like the stereotype vivandiere.   I'll prob put the blue jacket with gold braid on a dress form and wear my camp dress because I believe that's what she really would have worn.  I did pick up a travel trunk for a prop at Hobby Lobby.  Now the word is getting out and two other locations have wanted presentations of Belle Reynolds that are in the works.

Tuesday I volunteered at the Old State Capital from 10am to 3PM.  It was a busy day for tours and staffing was low.  They seemed to like the tour.  I got a compliment from one man in the group and his wife stressed that it was a good compliment coming from her husband because he was a history teacher.  

Afterward, I went to the shooting range with my son at the Lefthanders Club that he belongs to.

I've been redecorating my short brim bonnet.  I was looking at old photos of bonnets and more had flowers than feathers.

No comments:

Blog Archive