Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Week

Wednesday I went to the Interveterans Council of Sangamon County. I updated the website with things that were discussed.
https://sites.google.com/site/sangamoncountyinterveterans/

Thursday was Halloween.  It rained so Trick or Treating was extended to Friday.  Yes, they could Trick or Treat both nights.  I had plans Friday so I left my bowl of candy on the front porch with a note to "take one".  I didn't want leftovers and that wish was granted.

Friday morning  I got up early (again), 4AM, and took my trash out since I was wide awake. The dogs got out and Marley is running all over. The running sure had my ticker going. I decided to leave the dogs locked in the yard so she'll run and get it out of her system.  Seems to have worked when I got off of work.  I decided to take her with me to an ABATE Halloween party at Villa Maria on Lake Springfield.  Of course I didn't wear my mask all evening.  It was nice but the smoke from the fire bothered my eyes.
Saturday morning I decided to adopt another soldier through Soldiers Angels before the monthly membership takes affect. Welcome package sent to Hugh.

Saturday morning I went to a dedication ceremony for Pvt Lewis Martin.  Since the ceremony revolves around an unmarked grave at Oak Ridge Cemetery, the same cemetery as Abraham Lincoln, I decided it was best to wear my widows weeds.  His amazing story is here:
http://usctchronicle.blogspot.com/2013/10/pvt-lewis-martin-finally-gets-grave.html
 Afterwards there was lunch at the American Legion Post 809.  I decided it would be nice to go to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum on the way home.  In the children's room there was a marker on the wall of how tall the Lincoln's were.  I'm 2" shorter than Mary.
Many have pinned this picture on Pintrest as if it was real a real photo of the Lincolns but these are wax figures.  I feel like a good friend of the family.
I walked around the new Hobby Lobby but didn't buy anything. Then I went to our grand opening of our west side ALDI. I had a coupon for $5 off on a purchase of $30 or more. I could have easily beat that limit with all that I bought. 

Sunday I cleaned my patio glass doors.  I removed some mud dauber nests.  I watched episodes of the Flying Nun on YouTube.

I walked the dogs Monday night, Nov 4, and noticed a fully lite Christmas tree in the window of a home.  

I found a real nice under-peticoat at the Salvation Army.
 
I had chicken at the VFW came home walked the dogs and later went to the Bedell's to pick copy photos from our trip to Bavaria.  They had taken pictures of me with the mimes.



 The Bedells gave me a bottle of cooking wine...err..but it won't be used that way.

No comments:

Blog Archive