Monday, October 1, 2012

My Week

Well my dogs have been pretty frisky.  Marley seems playful and Bentley seems like he wants to inspect the counter top.  I picked him up to show him that nothing is there.  I figured they were both hungry and didn't want the dry dog food.  I mixed them a batch of moist food.  HAPPY!

Wednesday I went to Spirit Halloween store with Michael during my lunch hour to look around and test all the demo props.  I came across the
"Spirit Halloween Rosemary Zombie Doll".  Notice the resemblance?

 

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/tt-rosemary-zombie-girl/?w=animated&UTM_campaign=Search:SC:animated 

She costs double on eBay. So why is my name so creepy?  First in a horror movie, "Rosemary's Baby", and now the "Rosemary Zombie Doll".  Be afraid!!

Wednesday evening I went to the church to meet up with some members that will be on my upcoming trip to France.  We are reviewing a few phrases we'll need and going over the places we'll be.   We had wine with a cheese tray.
  Je m'appelle...Rose
http://french.about.com/library/media/wavs/jemappelle.wav

Friday evening I went to see Sordid Lives at the Legacy Theater.  My friend, Gene, had a part in the play as O'Dell Owens and the preacher at the funeral.  He was a great fit in the roll.  I dressed in my best "white trash" look.   I wore my beads, leopard top and even a temporary tattoo. Tattoo on my chest lasted all weekend but, alas, covered most of the weekend too.  I'm probably the only one in the audience that went with the white trash look.
   Here is a link to the review:
Note this quote from the article  "Both the play and a film adaptation written and directed by Shores have gained a cult following. “In Miami, for instance, audiences do some of the same stuff that they do for ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show,’ such as dressing up and throwing things at the stage,” Furling said."



http://www.pjstar.com/photos_graphics/x1238771270/Veterans-Memorial-Unveiling-and-Tree-Dedication
Saturday was busy.  I went to Pekin to meet up with the AmVets Riders for a memorial tree  dedication in the park at 10AM.  I left the house for the 60+ mile ride in 45 degrees.  I had a dressed well for it but knew it would be hot when I got there.  I received the above patch for my vest which I scanned.  Then at 1PM I went to a memorial dedication in Spaulding at 1PM.


Notice that the flag is full staff when the governor declared a statewide half-staff notice honoring KIA Gunners Mate Second Class Dion Roberts from Sunrise, Saturday, September 29, 2012 until Sunset, Monday, October 1, 2012.
http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/PressReleasesListShow.cfm?RecNum=10591
My son told me that my picture was in the Pekin Times.  It sure didn't show on the online edition. If it did, that would be good PR for AmVets.
Between the tree memorial in Pekin for the tree dedication and then to the memorial dedication in Spaulding, I put 160 miles on the motorcycle.
Here is an article about the Pekin memorial:  http://www.pjstar.com/news/x326768062/Pekin-to-unveil-veterans-memorial#

Then in the evening a reenactment.  I wore my new Civil War Confederate braid dress.  It still needs some alterations in the waistband pleat.  I was just an extra and felt unneeded at this event.  I had been a reenactor but not been asked in a long time so maybe I'm not good enough anymore. Visitors were able to pick up a puzzle piece at all of the historic sites and put it together for a phrase on the back.  Since the event was scheduled from 6-9PM and the Lincoln Tomb closed at 8PM, the odds were against anyone getting all of the puzzle peices.  Besides, there was a line outside the Vachel Lindsey home because there was limited space.


Sunday morning I rode Wheezer to church.  I was a Eucharistic minister.   Came home hungry and just stayed home.  I put up my Halloween decorations and put the coffin together.  I put my rubber skeleton on my motorcycle sissy bar.  I put some Halloween decorations up in the yard including my wooden coffin.

I got a bit caught up on my email.  One saddened me.  It was about "Show your Street".  The problem was the car and truck in our driveway.  The truck that we had our accident in that later took my husband's life.

Legend has it, when you can't sleep at night, it's because you are awake in someone else's dream.


No comments:

Blog Archive