Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Week

Saturday my dog came home from the animal hospital in St Louis. He looks so pathetic. The surgery was tricky and He has his eyes open all the time. I have eye salve for him. Bentley bumps into everything with that cone on his head. Gradually he seems to be feeling better. The lab results showed a garden growing in his ear canals.
bentleyConed
I tried out for the Rocky Horror Show cast at the Hoogland Center but was not selected. Although they said I could sing, which I said I could not, I did not make the cut. However, I also listed on my application my vacation that could really hamper practice schedules. No biggie!

After church, I got my Sunday paper and learned from the clerk at Casey's that the Sunday SJ-R is going from $1.75 to $3 next week. Not a gradual price increase. I guess we have to pay to have it printed in Peoria and shipped.
Sunday afternoon I went to the ABATE downed Rider benefit. I had a pork chop and got some raffle tickets. I bid on the silent auction but came home empty handed.

Wednesday evening on the way home, a car tried to move into my lane without checking and I had to defensively go on the inner shoulder of the 2-lane highway. Made me mad but as I passed, he held up the 2 fingered peace symbol. Thursday morning I met my next door neighbor on the corner at the stop sign. She told me that someone drove across her lawn about 6:30 and took out her mail box and brick retaining wall at a high speed. Ya know that the car had a lot of damage. There’s also a lot of crime steeling copper and the city wants to make the easy cashing of copper to recyclers a little more difficult. Where’s Batman!
Well, next time I won't plant zucchini so close to butternut squash. Butternuts look just like a zucchini when they are immature. Preparation is different.

I hung my humming bird feeder. My son said he already saw one earlier near the Cana.


I'm trying to sell my Piaggio MP3. I’ve listed it on the biker sites, ebay classifieds, Craigs List, etc and had a hopeful buyer but it turns out to be an overseas scam wanting upfront Western Union fee for shipping before his hold on his 'so claimed' payment to my paypal account clears. I reported this to spoof@paypal.com! I'll shame his name: Stephen King kingofautos490@gmail.com BEWARE!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Fraud-phishing-and-spoof/western-union-scam/m-p/303886/highlight/false#M7265

I’ve been planning a Labor Day trip to the Quad Cities to see my sister. We hope to see the river front and IMAX Theater.

I let the dogs out in the back yard this morning and they ran to the fence to chase a cat. Well then I saw (actually heard first) a humming bird sipping from my Cana flowers.

Saturday I helped with the Purple Heart Veterans group viola campaign at county Market. I just said "please accept this viola on behalf of the Purple Hearts" to everyone. When I gave one to a woman in East India native dress, she put $20 in the bucket. I almost felt imposing since she obviously was not American. I'm impressed. After my shift, I went to take a picture of Sean and John from the Vet Center at their booth. We took in almost $2,500, which includes sale of Purple Heart hats. Subtracting them out we had donations of just over $2,400. One-third ($800) of what we collected will be donated to the Vet Center in food coupons and bus tokens.

SeanJohnPurpleHeart rosePurpleHeart

Sunday I filled up Buck. According to the receipt it calculated the mileage to be 56.59 MPG


No comments:

Blog Archive