Monday, November 2, 2020

My Week

The wind is going to finish taking down the leaves this week.  It was so fierce that my garage door slammed and knocked something off a shelf.  What leaves are still hanging will fall from the weight of the frost.

 Tuesday I went to Decatur with Amber we played three agility games and Amber got a first place in a game called "Black Hole".   Basically grab points for jumps and obstacles but not the tunnel (black hole).  I was elated that we passed but then we all got a Q.  Then again, it's nothing to brag about because all the dogs did that (Q)

 This was Black Jack and I was supposed to hit on on 21 but I can't count the credit points for jumps vs the tire very well and went over 21.


During the summer, I leave my floors with a bare tile.  I roll up the throw rugs and put them behind the couch.  This week, I put it out again in the living room.

Wednesday I  dropped off my voting ballot at the Sangamon County courthouse.  There was a couple dressed for a wedding at the opposite counter.  I ended up paying $1.25 to park.  Later I went to  agility practice in Rochester with Deb. She gave me a tip for Amber's zoomie and that is to walk in her range with head down then stand still and Amber will come to me face to face. Then reward her.  It seemed to work in her barn.  I was afraid it would be cold but at 6PM it was 50 degrees but the morning was much cooler. 

Thursday morning  we wore black and orange for our cycle ride.

Made friends with the mascot.

Friday I dressed up at the gym as well. One lady thought I was a witch but I'm the plague doctor.  https://plaguedoctormasks.com/history/

This is the official Halloween Plague Doctor costume 2020.  It's one thing to dress for exercise but another to go full length with lantern.  Did you know, plague doctors stuffed their masks with flowers and herbs to mask the smells of sick and death?   They appeared in towns looking like ducks, hence, the reason we call a doctor that can't cure us..........a QUACK!


Friday I took Amber to our "ring ready obedience" practice.  We all dressed our dogs in costumes.  Amber hardly moved as a protest to her costume but she did move sometimes. 

On Halloween I took my dogs to a pet parade at Scoup Dujour.  These were some photos taken at the event.  They got a doggie cookie.

Sophie as Little Red riding hood. 
I expected a lot of leftovers since I only had about 4 takers.  Partly because there's not much activity on a cul-de-sac.  Others have said they had more trick or treaters than previous years.   I will admit that the decorations and costumes I've seen were much better.

I tried to draw them in with my lanterns along the driveway being close to the corner.  My porch light wasn't enough.
Covid-19 positive numbers are having a fall increase and the governor wants restaurants to close this coming week. I stocked up on supplies. There is no incentive or enforcement and many can't survive another closure like in spring.  Support these restaurants.

I've enrolled Amber in a Barn Hunt in Missouri on Nov 7.  I noticed that she should be a natural at finding a rat.   It's a 2 hour drive.  I will get a briefing locally about it on Wednesday before agility.



No comments:

Blog Archive