Monday, May 14, 2018

My Week


This week there's not too much to say because I cleared my calendar for jury duty.  I was not needed.  I would get a text message and an email rather than calling in the evening before. 

Last month I got a new next door neighbor on the corner. Before Christmas I got new neighbors directly across the street.  Now I see a for sale sign on my other side.

Thursday I went to the funeral of a National Guardsman to Camp Butler.  He died in a Kayaking accident in the Sangamon River and was the subject of a 10 day search.  Big turnout for Shane's funeral. We were encouraged to leave promptly for the next funeral that follows. (I'm at 0:47 on the timer of the video)
http://foxillinois.com/news/local/hundreds-of-people-gather-for-shane-shomidie-funeral

Friday I was part of the Chatham American Legion color guard for the re-dedication of the memorial for

Here is Polly at the DAR meeting. She's been helping me with my DAR application.


Les Morgan and Graham McCoy were given awards for historic work.

Here's a close up.



I got a cheese dish from Victorian Treasures that was regularly marked $150 and now $30.  It's big too.


I went to Mass Sunday morning with the Catholic War Veterans.  It was mother's Day and after Mass were were invited to the alter for a special blessing.
That statue of Mary was adorned with beautiful flowers.  Then I had a quick breakfast, locked up the house, dropped Sophie off and headed for Wisconsin.





No comments:

Blog Archive