Sunday, March 4, 2018

My Week



This week I watched The Dwelling Place 1994 Catherine Cookson▪Full HD.  Cissie takes care of her brothers and sisters in a cave.  Isabelle is evil. It's a long movie but good to watch this Lenten season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bgwdudxoTk&index=6&list=WL

I fixed cabbage and gnocchi onions, garlic, oil vinegar. It's great.

Monday I checked out the price of padded cycle shorts at Dick's. They were $30 and passed. Wednesday I found a pair at the Salvation Army. We started a senior cycle class with less volume and the bells n whistles of lights used in the other classes. I also find noise a problem with hearing aids.I like the way it makes me cut a sweat but hate the seat on those sit bones.
 Thursday morning I helped with tours at the Lincoln Tomb.   There was a staff meeting so I filled in.  It was chilly and I think I was thinly dressed but it was nice the day before.  Not a big crowd but before I was relieved, I had a nice group of students from Mississippi who also felt under-dressed.

Friday I went back to the Lincoln Tomb from 10:30- 2:30.   Lefty was there when I arrived.  He volunteered at opening but there was no staff member to open the door and visitors were waiting so finally a maintenance man came to open.  That's how short staffed they are.  And now the governor wants to open the newly remodeled governors mansion for tours 7 days a week instead of the former twice a week prior to the renovation.

After my tour duty, I stopped by Fr George's visitation at church.  The family remembered me from my therapy dog visits to their grandfather a few years back in St John's hospice.  After that I helped out with the American Legion Fish Fry.  I usually help with the square for credit card reads. 

My task list now involves an exterminator after killing this big guy.  I also need an electrician for the light in back room.


No comments:

Blog Archive