Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Week

I don't know if it's just me or if people are less than friendly lately.  I tried to be kind and ask a man "What do you think?" while pointing to the major work done on his neighboring house that was foreclosed.  He relied "I don't".  Then I came home on Tuesday to a bag of poo on my front porch.  I normally carry a bag.

Last week, you may recall, my son caught a coon in a trap in his back yard.  Today he called and has a possum.  

On Thursday I joined a group of seniors calling themselves "Young At Heart" from Little Flower Church to tour Peoria's Wheels 'O Time Museum and the Caterpillar Center.  It was the same group that I went to Ste. Genevieve, MO with the month before. It was the first day the Wheels 'O Time opened for the season.

I'll be grounded to the house the week of May 12th for flooring. Good time for a garage sale.
I'd like to hold it on Thurs and Fri because on Sat (17th) I have Honor guard for the Celtic games and then later reenact as Belle Reynolds for the Lincoln home at 3pm.
Then I'll sleep in the kitchen for a week while the floors are being done.

I have a busy weekend. American Legion Riders fun ride to Alton on Saturday.  The weather was real pleasant.  I have not been to Fast Eddies Bon Air in Alton in over 15 years.  Buck had 63 miles per gallon from Alton to Virden.

Then Civil War dance in Delavan Saturday night. I changed and made it there just in time for the dance.  Last year it rained hard and I danced in my blue jeans.  I danced in my dress this year.  However, that dress is one that I like but a youth dress.  That's because it has short sleeves but full neckline.  I'm too old to be wearing a youth dress by Victorian standards.  Afterward there were fireworks shot from cannons.

Sunday I went to Mass and was a Eucharistic Minister then I went to the ABATE Ride to the capitol opening Motorcycle awareness month.

Well I've been retired now for 4 months and I just got my state retiree ID Card.
 
I didn't know I'd get this card.

Monday night I went to the American Legion Meeting.  My service flags were returned that I had donated dedicated to Wreaths Across America at the other post.  I was told they were lost but the person who told me this had pictures of them taken the same day at another ceremony as the National Cemetery Wreaths Across America.  I'm over that now and really faced the fact not to expect them returned.  I will not forget the unacknowledged lie though.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive