Monday, October 24, 2011

My Week

Looks like things will get busy again with the Rocky Horror Show coming.

Monday night I went to a VFW meeting. I laid info on the podium for the commander to tell about Wreaths Across America and Honor Flight fund raiser. The post voted to donate $60 towards wreaths and an individual slipped me an extra $20 on the side.

I resumed my Monday and Friday exercise class after taking a hiatus session while on vacation.
My office is right above the parking garage. I park out in the lot but the garage below was closed on Monday for major repairs. I’m wearing my headphones that I use on the firing range.

Monday and Tuesday we got a much needed rain and yet I still haven’t had frost on my cana and tomatoes.

Somehow, I do not trust drivers in front of me that have not checked their out tail light(s) to have checked their brakes either. Especially when the roads are wet.

Tuesday my cleaning angels did my house and it was nice to come home to a fresh smelling home. Normally they come on Friday. I picked up some chicken at the VFW in a to-go box. I pinched my fingers on the tongs and was bleeding. After giving my son his dinner, I went off to my Catholic group. I came home and watched Sons of Anarchy and during a commercial I remembered to pull my camera out of my purse to charge the battery. I couldn’t find my charger and went nuts. Went to bed angry and woke up and found my charger. I’m so sorry.

I put together a crock pot of beans for supper. Tuesday I got a new water meter in my crawl space and the man that changed it told my son there’s a pipe leak and I’ll need a plumber. Well I also need some work on my sink too. After work on Thursday there was a frost warning so I frantically picked the rest of my tomatoes. I did so till the wound on my finger broke open and bled. You see, I pinched my finger on the tongs at the VFW chicken dinner and the band aid doesn’t stay on the tip that well so it came off. My son helped after that. I’m fixing fried green tomatoes. · ·

Thursday evening I went to ABATE. After the meeting I went to the Haunting of Edwards Place where the theme this year is about the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. There was a horror bride, funeral embalming with a widow crying the name of ‘My Billy’, Mary Lincoln's séance for Wily, Dining Room with a General and his wife over a table of body parts including a head centerpiece of "Jeanie", a Navy sea captain that lost his arm and was looking for it (then a hand came out from under the bed and grabbed my leg), and a surgeon doing an amputation. ·

Saturday I put Sea Foam in the tank in case this day is the end of riding season. I got 67 MPG on that last tank. I'm a great cook today. I fixed schnitzel and sauerkraut noodles. Yum. I picked up some crescent shaped bricks to finish off the flower garden in my front yard. I had to pull up the wood fence that was rotted out and plastic edger. The garden seemed incomplete without edging. I had some crescent bricks but not enough. It looks much better. I also got “free mail” from Afghanistan thanking me for a box that I had sent.

Sunday morning I saw a little humming bird by my cana. I thought that their migration season had passed. I read the 1st reading at Mass. There was a little girl who came to communion with her mother and got a blessing. She smiled and pranced in a circle after the blessing. In the afternoon I went to the ABATE toy run to contact ministries. I took this picture of a dead lawn flamingo down the block as part of a Halloween decoration filled the tank on the little bike.

My son’s birthday is Wednesday so we’ll be going out to eat.

No comments:

Blog Archive