Monday, December 16, 2019

My Week


Week of Christmas Parties
Veterans Center, AmVets, Catholic War Veterans and American Legion

Tuesday morning I took Amber to a later class at our club.  Our class was divided up with some more beginners earlier and some that had Lisa's classes in the past which were a bit repetitive for us.  Dr Lisa gave me these ribbons which surprised me.  They were participation 1st place since I still beat the other entry even without a qualifying score. I felt if we could cut n paste the two runs just right we could have had a qualifying score.  It was not meant to be.


I went to Pawsitive Zone training and had poo on my shoes from the park.  This a real distraction for Amber.  I felt bad and had to clean my shoes in the bathroom before we began.  Our instructor reassured me that there was no worries. I was proud to demonstrate two of Amber's more confident tricks to the rest: dead dog and carry a basket.  She thinks that next week's class  we should have all the dogs play piano for a Christmas concert.

Wednesday evening I went to our AmVets Christmas dinner at Char's.

Thursday afternoon I took Sophie to the nursing home and Santa was visiting some of the residents.  I tried to keep it to a reasonable time so I could ready myself for another Christmas party.
In the evening I had Christmas Dinner with the Catholic War Veterans at Chesapeake Seafood House.  I choose something suitable for a visit to the nursing home, a Christmas dinner, and agility class all back to back.   My shirt says "Santa I can explain"  Skirt is a girls large from Walmart with netting over a Christmas light bulb print.
Our Sergeant at arms said grace
 


 Commander Noel with ......


After that I quickly got Amber for her agility class at 7:30. 
Amber and Pixie completed Agility B - 102 Introduction to Obstacles.  Here she is wit a mortar board loaned from Pixie.   She is on top of the A-frame. Amber doesn't seem to like this and it was a difficult photo.


Friday I went to the botanical gardens in Washington Park.  The holiday season greenery had a Wizard of Oz theme.
 Twister tree
 the hot air balloon
 Emerald City
 Yellow bricks
 I think we're not in Kansas anymore

 Lolipop tree.
 Witch tree
After I got back from Washington Park, I took Amber at 6PM for a photo with her evaluator and the certificates that came in the mail on Wednesday.  Kim and I  did a mock presentation of the ribbons using the 10 second timer on my phone.  It took about 4 takes to get Amber to sit still.  I sent this photo to Rose Hutches, editor, of the Capitol Canine Newsletter for our club.  Rose likes to give credit to the photographer and replied asking for the name of the photographer.  I answered it was me and my timer.  I guess she's not used to technology.  I had used a timer for the selfie in Champaign and gave credit to a fellow club member who had left before that picture was taken.  Ha!


Saturday was equally as busy.  It was the nationwide Wreaths Across America day and I had to place sponsored wreaths for some former members of our Women's Overseas Service League:


Name Section Site
Ruth Hemp Z 228
Bertha Roy E 1558
Jean Goretski M 912
Ida Collebrusco M 1590
Violet Newcome CREM-A 124
Elise Hines C 463
Audrey DeWees K 670
Hazel Frick H 865


 Media was present.
 Chaplain Steve Holden
 Interveterans Burial Detail.





After that I went to the holiday open house at the ILES house. Dr James Corneleus was the door greeter.

 The day before I found this cape at Goodwill for Linda Garvert.  She really needed it because the house was really cold.



In the evening I went to the American Legion Christmas Party.  I had to do a double take at the inflatable reindeer with holly berries between the legs.
 There was a photo booth for taking a party picture with our American Legion logo at the bottom.
 Commander is making announcements from the microphone

 Servers were members of the board of directors.
 See the photo booth back there between the 2 Christmas trees.  Nice turn out for the party.  I was given the pointsettia table decoration to bring home. 

 Sunday morning I went to Mass and had the additional duty as a Eucharistic Minister.   After that I changed and took Amber to the nursing home to perform some tricks.  I fixed lunch for my son and myself and the snow gradually started after 3pm. By Monday morning we had 4 and half inches of snow.  I walked the dogs in the plowed streets then got out the electric snowblower.  I went to my exercise class and only 5 showed up.  Roads were clear enough to take Sophie on a visit and my mammogram appointment.



No comments:

Blog Archive