Monday, November 25, 2019

My Week

Still recovering from jet lag...

The first night back from my trip, the dogs created a ruckus.  Amber didn't want Sophie to come to bed.  She got selfish and fought over ME.  Sophie was dragged into a self defense fight.  Poor Sophie went to the vet for her one good eye. Seems I had to pull Amber and Sophie apart from a dog fight and Sophie got eye trauma and now has antibiotic. Her behavior is like a blind dog but Dr Kirk thinks she'll recover from an eye laceration. I got a bite mark pulling them apart in the dark so I don't know who's tooth got me. CHANGES WILL BE MADE!

Sunday Backstage with Manheim Steamroller.  Great performance to get ready for the season.  I was lucky to have a pass for this photo opportunity.  Only a select few got in for this.  One came and had their photo taken with a flip phone.  Gee!


Tuesday morning I took Amber to another session of Agility with Lisa Schmitt.  Many of the classmates have young dogs and now Amber has become the demonstration dog before we take our turns.  She still needs to get a turbo run around before she focuses on the task.

Wednesday morning I had a dermatology appointment to get some spots on my face looked at.  I am fair skinned and blue eyed so I'm susceptible to skin cancer.    I've had 2 basil cell melanoma's removed in the past.  If these spots are just age related, then it would be just vanity.  If they are something to be concerned about, then the appointment is important.  Well the PA said they are pre-cancer so he used liquid nitrogen on them and a follow up in August.
In the evening I went to the Interveterans council meeting.  Poor turn out.

Thursday evening I took Amber to her Agility class.  Friday I took Amber to the nursing home to do tricks for the residents.  They were amazed.  I've been putting together some of her trick videos because I get bored with the same tricks.  Dogs do not get bored with the repetition.  Here's what I have so far.
https://ivetret.blogspot.com/2019/11/trick-dog.html

Friday afternoon, I took Amber to the nursing home to perform tricks for the residents.  She sure brought a few smiles.  That made me feel like the major goal of her adoption is achieved.  Meanwhile my fellow dog club members seem to be getting all sorts of titles that we don't have like "barn hunt" and "nose work".   I do believe all these agility classes we've been taking should have a goal.  So I've enrolled Amber in NADAC Jumpers on Dec 6 in Delavan, IL.  I took Sophie to Ring Ready obedience on Friday to see how she'd do.  I usually take Amber since she's been to trials.   Sophie didn't too bad. I never took Sophie on a figure eight and this was a bit mediocre but then Sophie does have sight problems.   Funny thing was the "sit for examination". She rolled over for a belly rub.  It's what she does as a therapy dog.

Saturday I got 4 new windows on the house.  That took up most of my morning.  Seems like the new windows leave a narrow window sill.  I won't be able to put the blinds up.  Curtains are ok.  The living room looks newer especially since the dark curtains are down.  I may just be looking for a lighter color curtain for the living room and a sheer won't do in the guest bedroom.  That sheer was fine with blinds but not by itself.  Maybe I won't have to put up plastic over the windows to stay warm.  I had time in the afternoon around 3PM to go see the Memorial Festival of Trees.  The theme was Jingle Bells and Seashells. 

 A train went around the gingerbread houses.
 They had a cute skating rink that slid with socks instead of skates.
 This is just to show how big it is.


Sunday morning I wore my tiara to Mass.  It was the feast of Christ the King.The weather was nice yet unpredictable so I had to get the leaves picked up.  I took my Toro into the shop for maintenance since it wouldn't start despite being on the charger.  That means I had to use my back up, corded electric mower.  Leaves are off the lawn and in leaf bags. Two rows and the bagger is full.
Stop n go.  Meanwhile, neighbors are taking advantage of the weather to put up Christmas decorations.

I ordered the coat rack that I had been wanting for the doorway.  I had wanted something similar since my sister's weekend because there was a similar one in the room where we stayed.  I often walk the dogs and need a sit area for boots.  I often have to dump my coat on the floor. I need an open area because of the air vent location to place this.  I had been watching this for awhile but I didn't want it delivered while on vacation. I had too much on my plate earlier so glad I waited for a Black Friday sale.   This is really better timing since the weather is getting colder.

In the spring, I drag grass clippings in the house.  In the fall I get leaves in the house.

One of the drugs I had a prescription for, zantac/ranitidine.was recalled. I hadn't used it in awhile because it didn't do anything. I returned what I had to the County Market at Fairhills for their drug turn in.

My Jesus figure fell off the wall when the windows were installed.  I glued his foot back on and the metal hanger ring on his back and put him back up.  He fell again.  The foot that I glued was still there but his other foot and arm were broken now.  :(
 We have a big one just like this in church and He seems so welcoming because of his resurrection.

Wine and a memory.

I found a new pair of New Balance shoes at the Goodwill that were never worn for like $5.  Here they are next to my $160 mall shoes.  Improvement!


I picked this inflatable Christmas puppy at the Salvation Army.  It will take up less space than my big plastic Nativity set.  A dog really describes my year too.
I had dinner Sunday at Texas Roadhouse since their charity for the day was Honor Flight.  So I got the special of the day.

Monday I had my massage at Terra Bella Spa.  She is pregnant and I think I may try someone else soon.  She really helped me with my neck pain.



Grammar Pet Peeve:
“I seen” instead of “I saw”.

No comments:

Blog Archive