Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My Week

OMG, someone complained about Jeff Davis reenactor at the Old State Capitol last week. http://illinoistimes.com/article-20283-letters-to-the-editor-8_9_18.html

 Part of our obedience assignment was to get our dogs out in public.  So I needed a few items from Lowes.
I had a friend from my exercise class accompany me on a therapy dog visit.

We've been mocking our state fair.  First, "bicentennial" is misspelled on the butter cow display, then the grandstand shows are all on Friday. LOL. 

We've even got state fair Bingo.


Friday started off bad. My mower quit half way through the back yard and I ran over to Kunz for service while Kurt Woods Plumbing picked up a garbage disposal for the leaky one I had.  I had to have all this done before 11AM.  In the afternoon was the end or our summer program, History Comes Alive, at the Old State Capitol,  I brought our comfort box and other props home.  I'll be using them again at the state fair next week.



I watched a mini-series called "Alias Grace".  It was interesting, historical fiction.  Grace notices a picture of
"Susanna and the Elders" from the Bible which I'd never heard of.

I recovered my trash bin with contact paper.
 inspired by this but I think $100 is too much.

https://www.victoriantradingco.com/item/50-co-5024812/100101100/roses-lidded-waste-bin
Sunday morning after church I went to the state fair.  I set up our booth at the veterans resource fair.
Here I am with Grace Miller, president of our local WOSL unit.


Here I am with our Catholic War Veterans post commander, Pat Noel.
The day's activities closed with a veterans parade through the fair grounds.   I walked our WOSL banner with fellow veteran, Lynne Clark.  Here we are with with Illinois' favorite son, President Abraham Lincoln.
Here we are with Governor Bruce Rauner.

We were truly in good company.   I was truly dehydrated.  I didn't sleep too well the night before concerned about all the stuff I had to do.   I didn't sleep well the night before. Exhausted and hungry, I stopped at Noodles for dinner for my son and I.  I didn't know it till the following morning that I left my wallet there.  Monday I was scheduled for beer sales 11-5, then I had obedience class at 8pm.

No comments:

Blog Archive