Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Week

Wednesday,  I bought a new charger since it did nothing for Wheezer. In fact I loaned the charger to someone and it did nothing for them. So I bought a new one at Harbor Freight. New charger did nothing for Wheezer either. I brought it to our meeting of the Legion Riders and was told to try and see what the charger did on my car. The needle moved. So I pulled the battery out of Wheezer and will take it to Mr Battery where I bought it in February on Feb 10th.  It was bone dry.  He thinks I fried it!  I got a new one on Thursday and my son installed it on Mothers Day.

I may not have grand children but I have a grand dog that sent me flowers for Mothers Day. "Bark Bark Bark, Bark Bark Bark, Moe" 
Thursday I went to a meeting of the Civil War Roundtable in Girard this. I smelled smoke on the way there and a moment later the fire at County Market was on the radio. I had just previously pulled to the side for a passing ambulance and there was an ambulance by the church where I detoured. After the meeting, I had trouble finding my detour back because the main road was still blocked at 9PM. Apparently the GPS doesn't know about the fire to County Market.

The presentation was about President Andrew Johnson after Lincoln was shot.  Some of the issues he faced about reconstruction would have been equally difficult for Lincoln had he lived. 

Friday morning at exercise class, the instructor had the Silver Sneakers do "wall planks".  She had a few of us do floor planks.  She came over to me and whispered "floor".  I gave tours early so that I could attend a Patriot Guard funeral at Camp Butler for William McClard.  It was sunny in the morning when I walked my dog but rained hard during the funeral so we had a flag line under the shelter. 

I made some German potato salad and trying to fix things from my freezer.  It seems that either the tilt of my refrigerator is bad or the magnetic seam is not holding.  Worst sacrifice is the loss of ice cream (frozen yogurt).  It seems that if I slam my refrigerator door, the freezer can pop open ajar.  I either need a new one or maybe the slant is too forward.

In the afternoon, I joined our Chatham American Legion color guard for the opening ceremony of the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight reunion.
One of the veterans was on a video interview and he read a poem that he wrote (click to enlarge).
Just when I thought I heard all there is for patriotic programs, then there is "The Chosen Ones" and "the Lesters" (sp???)  http://thechosenones.org/
Even the little boy was great. 

Our parish priest had a stroke on Friday and was in the hospital so Fr George, a retired priest, said Mass.  I was the first Eucharistic Minister and wanted to feel especially helpful without our pastor to oversea things.  The mothers were given a special blessing. My sons came over for Mothers Day.  I made dinner and we played with all our dogs together.  It was the first time I got to see Hank.  He's a 5 month old Labrador/ mix.  We watched "Noah" on Netflix.  Boy was that weird with rock monsters.  Then the three of us walked the three dogs around the block.  Alan and Sean left before the storm that came in and that gave me a chance to cut the grass since it was only a day earlier than I usually cut the grass.  With a storm delay I know it would get worse later.  That heated me up and I took Wheezer for a blow dry around the neighborhood to cool off.  With the rain comes ants in the house.  I put out the ant poison.  I met the mosquitoes also.
 Sophie had her first dog training lesson.  $20 for a half hour.  In the evening I went to dance practice.  It will be the last one before a performance dance at the Peoria Riverfront Museum.  David has been showing all the dancers how to do the Beyerly Waltz.  I heard the music for it played on Little Women during the scene at the ball.

No comments:

Blog Archive