Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Week

I was real disappointed that my coworker, Michael, wreaked his car.  He didn't come to work on Tuesday.  We were off for President's day.

I mailed 2 boxes on Tuesday to lady soldiers.  Then I had a little time left and went to Goodwill.  Not too much exciting but I did get a pair of new Interstate Motorcycle Chaps in my size.  I have a pair that is well broken in but couple of snaps are busted and the zippers lost their tabs.

Then I got chicken to-go from the VFW.  It may be the last time to-go if Alan moves soon.  It was quite tasty too.

Snow started falling hard and sudden on Thursday afternoon around 2PM.  I drove home from work very slowly and avoided some of the high traffic areas that the idiots usually take. I turned onto Chatham Road and found myself in a good position behind 2 snow plows. At the T on Woodside Rd, they were turning toward Rt 4. Another favored direction. Then they started to turn around and I thought "What are you doing?" After they reversed directions, I could see why. Impassible with an accident at the next intersection so I turned too and took Gordon Dr. Not a well cleared road. Only one fishtail that I felt. I was all bundled up and hot in the car so I rolled down the window. Snow was turning to sleet pellets and hitting me in the face. Other window please!
 The Convention & Visitors Bureau took this photo.  Yeah I got one of those stuffed Lincoln dolls too.
It's that time of year where we start practicing the Passion skit for Palm Sunday.  This will be my 4th year as a member.  In the past we had one or 2 people read the scripture and this adds different voices.  I only have 2 solo lines but number of group lines that must be said together.  We repeat the same script at 3 Masses on Saturday at 4:30 and Sunday at 8:00 and 10:30.  It was recorded and put on my YouTube Channel for me to go over and memorize.  I am not in this video but have played the person in the back pedestal for the last 3 years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_ojROenoAM

After I got off of work on Friday, I got my fish at the American Legion to-go.  Then I went to see an animated performance by the youth at church of the Stations of the Cross. The tradition as chapel devotion began with St. Francis of Assisi and extended throughout the Roman Catholic Church in the medieval period. It is commonly observed in Lutheranism.

My son Alan will start training in Danville for his new job as transition assistance rep for the Vet Center. It's only a one year contract without benefits as a GS6.

Saturday my day was absorbed by the Edwards Place fundraiser fashion Show.  I wore full widows mourning and waked the so-called runway as Erica described my dress and purpose.  I got my widows weeds after my husband passed and thought it was fitting for me to be immersed in the Victorian custom.  At the end of all the period costumes were introduced, we all came out together.  The lady in the audience who reenacts Mary Lincoln commented as I went by something about finding another man so soon. 

Sunday morning I read the second reading at Mass.  It was Philippians 3:17-4:1.   In the afternoon I went to a reunion party of the group of France pilgrims whom I went on a trip with in October.  I was not real prepared with photos but put the pictures that I took on a jump drive and plugged it into a photo frame.  Of course I had to use Pixrisizer program to get them to fit.  I didn't buy many souvenirs so I had nothing much to show off but did have a little German dress in anticipation of our next pilgrimage.  One of the other guests gave me a cd of their pictures.  Now I have a good picture of me with the Silver Mime.

 By the time I got home, my son had departed toward Danville, IL for a week of training in his new job.
paying my son's way.  called me and he can't find his check book.  He packed and left for week of training in Danville and must pay adv for room but will get reimbursed.  I tore the room apart looking for it.  but he kept calling and ran to the Phone from my shower.



No comments:

Blog Archive