Monday, September 10, 2012

My Week

We need rain and got some from Hurricane Issac.  Before it hit, I decided to cut my sparse grass knowing that the rain.  I had to cut it again upon return.

I picked up a reconditioned Dyson at Big Lots.   I only have a throw rug over laminate flooring but there was enough dog hair to build another dog.
http://www.biglots.com/browseItem/as-advertised/9110?zcp=1000&style=f&rid=6010872&zipCode=62703-4501&mid=48101&storeId=214

Saturday morning, my sons and I left for Ohio to visit family.  Sean couldn't get off on Friday so we made it for Saturday through Tuesday.  We had some rain along the way and it was humid. 
Sunday there was a family gathering at Kate's house.  I got to see the the memorial story boards for Neal.  I had no idea how skinny he got before he passed last year.

We returned on Tuesday and made a brief stop at the Wright Patterson AFB museum.
Photos from the trip to Ohio are here: 
Ohio Trip

Upon return, I rested up and then went to the airport to welcome home the Land of Lincoln Honor Flight.

Wednesday I dropped Bentley off at the vet for surgery to remove a tumor on his anus.  That costs $557.  The healing on that sensitive area really made him jumpy.  In the evening I went to a meeting for the American Legion Riders.  I shared some scones that I picked up on the way as a less sweet pre-birthday treat to share with the group.

I wore a nice, coral colored dress and a birthday ribbon to work on my birthday. I had over 60 wishes on my facebook page and loved every one of them.  I went to "It's All About Wine" with my sons and had a flight special: $10 Grand Cabernet Flight (a $24 value).  Sean brought cheese and crackers.  After that I went over to the biker night at Quaker Steak and Lube since it was on the way. Not exactly fitting in with the bikers in that dress.  I got a necklace, patriotic iron on, lottery ticket (won $2), and a needed garbage can.

Friday evening I had dinner at the Route 66 Motel with some of the Red Knights from up north that came down to the capitol for a 911 memorial.  They went on a ride on Saturday but I didn't go since I had a prior commitment with the Poker Run to raise funds for Wreaths Across America.

I got this on ebay.  "Rebel Braid Dress" is an original design. The martial braid motif on the bodice is inspired by Confederate officer's insignia.  It needs some sewing around the waistband.  But it'll look nice.



Friday I had dinner at the Route 66 Hotel with some of the out-of-town Red Knights.  The local Red Knights took them on a ride on Saturday but I opted for the American Legion Riders a poker run to benefit Wreaths Across America.  Sunday morning I met the Red Knights at the hotel after church and we rode to the capitol for a brief memorial for 911 at the fallen firefighters memorial.  The bronze statue of the firefighters got to wear a vest for awhile.
 




No comments:

Blog Archive